TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next big upgrade is coilovers, it time to ditch the spacers. i've been looking at downey and allpro, but after a lot of what i've read, i dont think i would buy anything from downey. So how are the all pro coilovers? it doesnt seem like anybody runs them on this site. i'm concerned with ride quality and reliabity mostly, i def. want to get three inches of lift and thats why i have been looking at downey and all pro because the seem to be the only companies to off 3'' lift coilovers. so let me know about anything you've experienced or heard, thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, i have an 04, and anything has to be way better than spacers, i just dont want something that is going to need to be rebuilt every year

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ya, i have an 04, and anything has to be way better than spacers, i just dont want something that is going to need to be rebuilt every year
that will be a problem. they arnt rebuildable. look at DR's or SAW's for adjustability and rebuildability?........ OME also make good suspensions but they arent adjustable or rebuildable.

tip: look for used, but rebuildable co's

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was under the impression that DR suspension was more for high speed offroading, and sway away only gives 2 1/2'' and i would really like 3'', i looked into getting the 3'' OME/toytec lift with the OME coils plus the spacer that goes above the coilover for like $210, and then i was just going to buy the OME struts to get more travel and a better ride, so i might do that, and it doesnt sound like the OME coilover have any problems so i dont think i have to worry about rebuilding them

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the AP coilovers with remotre resivoirs on my FJC. At first I really liked them, fairly easy to adjust the lift and valving. Now that I have added a winch and winch bumper, its almost as if the coils were not designed to handle that kind of weight. Off road, I seem to bottom out fairly easily. On the highway, I find the front end bobing up and down a fair bit after small bumps.
I kind of jumped the gun on buying their coilovers, without really researching, or waiting for others to try them. Now I am kind of wondering if I should have gone with donahoes or OME. So thats my two cents...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts