TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.densoiridium.com/identifyplugs.htm

The recommended denso plug for a stock 5vzfe is K16TR11 or PK16TR11 for platinum. The R stands for resistor core.

The iridium plug in the same heat range is just IK16, so am I right is assuming they aren't resistor core? I may have just answered my own question. Anyone running Denso iridiums care to comment, do you have any RFI issues with your am/fm/cb/cell phone reception?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The DENSO Iridium is the very best plug you can use.

I have been running the IK22s in both of my supercharged trucks for a good while now. You are going to love them.

Gadget

·
Registered
612 Posts
I find that Bosch platinum plugs work very well, but Denso is definitely a respectable brand no doubt.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gadget said:

I have been running the IK22s in both of my supercharged trucks for a good while now. You are going to love them.

Gadget

Any RFI issues with your am/fm/cb/cell phone reception? Or are they resistor core by chance?

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
flatlandtacoma said:
Any RFI issues with your am/fm/cb/cell phone reception? Or are they resistor core by chance?
I've been running them for about 7K miles now and never noticed any problems with RFI. Radio works as good as it use to and cell reception is still only crappy in the usual areas as before.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

DCabTaco said:
I've been running them for about 7K miles now and never noticed any problems with RFI. Radio works as good as it use to and cell reception is still only crappy in the usual areas as before.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Gadget said:

Gadget
I've had Denso now for about 3 months. Didn't notice a change at all. No quicker start ups or anything noticable. Good plugs I guess but nothing you'd notice just by driving IMO. Maybe detectable with some "gadgets".

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had a hard time believing it myself. The DENSO rep said the plugs would sell themselves and he sent me a set of IK22 to put in my supercharged truck.

I replaced the thripple grounding electrode ones that I had been running for years with the IK22 plugs and right away I noticed a very nice improvement in performance. I was sold and URD quickly became a DENSO dealer. We have sold a lot of the IK22 plugs and we have never gotten a bad report back. I think they are very good plug for the supercharged application.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Gadget said:
I had a hard time believing it myself. The DENSO rep said the plugs would sell themselves and he sent me a set of IK22 to put in my supercharged truck.

I replaced the thripple grounding electrode ones that I had been running for years with the IK22 plugs and right away I noticed a very nice improvement in performance. I was sold and URD quickly became a DENSO dealer. We have sold a lot of the IK22 plugs and we have never gotten a bad report back. I think they are very good plug for the supercharged application.
Well, maybe I didn't notice any performance improvement cause I'm not supercharged.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Gadget said:

What do you recommend in a NON-Supercharged application., 2002 v6 4x4 TRD Tacoma?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts