TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wandering if anyone had a roof basket mounted on there topper and if they found it useful and worth the investment, and what seemed to be a good brand, I've seen them priced for a couple hundred dollars and up pretty pricey but they look pretty cool

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wandering if anyone had a roof basket mounted on there topper and if they found it useful and worth the investment, and what seemed to be a good brand, I've seen them priced for a couple hundred dollars and up pretty pricey but they look pretty cool
They are useful if you have something to put in them. The rack should only be used for the lightest items. They are good for light and bulky thiings. I use mine all the time, but I always load the bed first and use the rack last.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use a Rocket Box when I need to carry more junk. It's great for light crap or throwing my wet paddling gear in and keeps it out of sight as well as pretty waterproof if needed; I still put stuff in dry bags or trash bags if I want to make sure it stays dry. It does effect your mileage though so I don't leave it on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very usefull I have had mine on my pathfinder, cherokee, wrangler, and now the tacoma.. I have a Coleman $135 - $140 bucks. great for wet gear or duck decoys to and from the water it keeps the decoys out of the bed so they dont get scratched up..

·
Registered
180 Posts
We have had a Yakima LoadWarrior on our 4Runner for a few years and it has been extremely useful.

http://yakima.com/shop/cargo/gear-baskets/loadwarrior

The only regret I have is that I wish we'd have gotten the MegaWarrior instead, the one that's just a little bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts