TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by someone I had an AAL in the rear, but I just wanted to see if its true, or if I just have stock leafs because I cant tell! By the looks of it, I think I have stock leafs.. 3 normal and 1 overload..And yes Rancho's suck! I'll get some real suspension on soon.

This was taken back when I first bought the truck:

Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
turbo4door said:
I was told by someone I had an AAL in the rear, but I just wanted to see if its true, or if I just have stock leafs because I cant tell! By the looks of it, I think I have stock leafs.. 3 normal and 1 overload..And yes Rancho's suck! I'll get some real suspension on soon.

This was taken back when I first bought the truck:

Thanks
Looks to me like you have a short AAL. I would get rid of that asap.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the one directly on top of the overload? It rides like ass, so there's my answer for it being an AAL (rancho's are another contributor ;)). I dont have shackles, so taking out the AAL would just drop it down lower than I want to go. Damn need some deavers/bilsteins, christmas is comin up quick :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
turbo4door said:
So the one directly on top of the overload? It rides like ass, so there's my answer for it being an AAL (rancho's are another contributor ;)). I dont have shackles, so taking out the AAL would just drop it down lower than I want to go. Damn need some deavers/bilsteins, christmas is comin up quick :)
Yep, it is that one. You are exactly right, custom leaf packs are the way too go IMO.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It looks like your missing the second leaf. It wraps around the top leaf then the leaf with the clamps. Then the overload.
What I really think is that those where some mini truck leaf's and someone added the AAL to them to get it back up to the right height. The reason I say that is there isnt enough room to get another leaf in the clamp.

That threw me off some I knew something wasn't right so I went and looked at the 2 sets of Taco leaf's I got down stairs.

It should be main leaf then the milatary wrap and the leaf with the clamp and overload.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
STOMPER said:
It looks like your missing the second leaf. It wraps around the top leaf then the leaf with the clamps. Then the overload.
What I really think is that those where some mini truck leaf's and someone added the AAL to them to get it back up to the right height. The reason I say that is there isnt enough room to get another leaf in the clamp.

That threw me off some I knew something wasn't right so I went and looked at the 2 sets of Taco leaf's I got down stairs.

It should be main leaf then the milatary wrap and the leaf with the clamp and overload.
actually, the older Tacos only had 3-leaf springs...including the overload and thats what it looks like he has with that short AAL in there.

This was a factory TSM and the springs were replaced for free by Toyota after they figured out the screwup. He should try and get the dealer to replace them ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing