TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Taco

Turn signal shaft flaw:
When I first got it the left turning signal only worked if sometimes you held it in certain places, or put brights on, then it worked for about a week, then it would go back to pretty much never working, and then it was fine for about 4 months and it just started up again today, has this happened to anybody else?

Retractable Antenna:
My retractable antenna never worked from when I bought it, but once I turned off the radio and heard the motor and then tried pushing it down, it seemed like gears caught, and then it went down, later it came back up, but i will have to do that every time now, otherwise it wont move, does this happen to anyone else?

Vehicle protection Package:
Ok I have a sticker saying; I think "Vehicle Protection Package" in one of my windows but i dont know how to use it, all i can find is a red little button on my dash that if i push it one time while my car is running, my car will honk once, if i do it twice, it will honk twice and so on, i have no idea how to use it I have tried everything, anyone else have this?

Oh and are those little compartments under the back little seats just for storing like 5 or 6 crackers or what? (i have a extended cab((2 door w/ back seats)))

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have a 98 Taco

Turn signal shaft flaw:
When I first got it the left turning signal only worked if sometimes you held it in certain places, or put brights on, then it worked for about a week, then it would go back to pretty much never working, and then it was fine for about 4 months and it just started up again today, has this happened to anybody else?
The turn signals are made of plastic so I'm sure some of the linkage in the steering column broke. Probably the previous owner broke it on accident. Go to the junkyard and buy a turn signal setup off an old wrecked yota. And no this hasn't happened to me on my toyota, but my old college car yes.

Retractable Antenna:
My retractable antenna never worked from when I bought it, but once I turned off the radio and heard the motor and then tried pushing it down, it seemed like gears caught, and then it went down, later it came back up, but i will have to do that every time now, otherwise it wont move, does this happen to anyone else?
Didn't know tacos came with retractable antanaes, probably an add-on, but on a lot of vehicles the retractable antanaes are driven by a plastic belt with gear teeth on one side and a lot of time the teeth will wear down and not catch on the motor anymore. Could be your problem.

Vehicle protection Package:
Ok I have a sticker saying; I think "Vehicle Protection Package" in one of my windows but i dont know how to use it, all i can find is a red little button on my dash that if i push it one time while my car is running, my car will honk once, if i do it twice, it will honk twice and so on, i have no idea how to use it I have tried everything, anyone else have this?
Can't help you here, sounds like another aftermarket package, custom alarm systems can vary quite a bit.

Oh and are those little compartments under the back little seats just for storing like 5 or 6 crackers or what? (i have a extended cab((2 door w/ back seats)))
Guess you won't go hungry?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the 'vehicle protection package' you speak of on my truck. There should be a remote that you can use to 'arm' and 'disarm' your truck alarm. When its armed, it'll beep and carry on like mad if you shake or trying to open the truck door. The little red button is how you switch the alarm into its active and valet mode. Valet mode turns the alarm off, but still allows you to lock and unlock your doors.

I like my storage comparements in the rear. I've got my tow strap and trailer hitch/ball in one, and a sub in going in the other one..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts