TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.earlscheib.com/index.php

I came across this paint shop and was wondering if these were good prices for paint jobs. I want to get my car repainted so I can sell it and get a Tacoma!

Thanks in advance.

God bless,
2nd Chance~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The current computer that I'm on is not fast enough. I can barely do this! I want to scan some of my pics from when I went offroad in it! I should go again before I replace some new parts. No sense messing up the new parts, right?
The paint on the hood, roof and trunk is peeling. The sides are fine, just minor scratchs. I can get front fenders from pull-a-part that dont have dents for $15 a peice.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Earl Sheib? You may as well get a broom and use it to paint the truck yourself. LOL

·
Registered
552 Posts
http://www.earlscheib.com/index.php

I came across this paint shop and was wondering if these were good prices for paint jobs. I want to get my car repainted so I can sell it and get a Tacoma!

Thanks in advance.

God bless,
2nd Chance~
If you have it painted the same color then it wont be so bad. They are also a good paint job for anyone who does allot of off roading and you know it will look like hell again in short order. It doesn't make much sense to spend $2,000.00 on a paint job just to go through the branches and briers again, Lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
spend under $100 and paint it yourself...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How? What type of paint do I use and how do I sand it? Wet sand it, grit size?
I've thought of doing it myself, but I dont know where to start.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
How? What type of paint do I use and how do I sand it? Wet sand it, grit size?
I've thought of doing it myself, but I dont know where to start.

there is a guy on here that painted his truck with a roller and some marine paint. it turned out damn good

ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57181

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, but would it turn out good enough to sell for a good price?

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you are just gonna "dress it up" to sell it, go to maaco or some commercialize "low budget" paint shop and get a paint job for a few hundred. They actually dont do a bad job- and it will look alot better than rattle can and the sticky look of a roll on job- just my dos pesos :2cents:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You will never get your money back out of a paint job. You have a '90 626. Nobody is going to buy it for the style points.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maaco has some articles posted on their web site that appeared in a couple of truck magazines that show what they can do for a few hundred bucks. You can access both articles here.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
or just have your dad work for toyota and have a full job done for $650

:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I will probably get the one for 300 bucks if I get anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts