TTORA Forum banner

Arkansas Run to Gilmer, TX

4K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  Arky Tacoma 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am interested in getting a trip together to Gilmer at the end of March. I wanted to post up the plan on the board, and see if we can't generate more interest. The tentative plan is to head down on March 30, and make a weekend of it. Hopefully, we could get down and stake out a campsite, and have everything set up before dark. And hopefully, get some night wheelin' in before time to get off the trails. You don't have to be a part of the Arkansas chapter to attend, everyone is welcome. I just thought it would be a good chance to get some of the Arkansas guys out and get to know each other, and maybe meet some other folks from around the area. Mark your calendars, and let me know if you are interested. Happy wheelin'!

Later,
Lance

#3 ·
I know that 01yota is planning on going. Hopefully, some more Arkansas, or guys from surrounding areas will chime in. Jay thinks he can go, he is hoping to have his lift on by then, but I told him he should be okay w/o it. But, with him, something could come up with his flying gigs...

#7 ·
Great to hear! Hope the condo works out, its always fun to meet new wheelers.

#10 ·
As of right now, its the weekend of the 30th. I already have Friday the 30th off, and I think so does YotaJosh. I hope it doesn't change, cause I think it will be difficult for me to manage a different day off.

#11 ·
YotaJosh said:
It's Arkansans, you Texasite :D

Just kidding, hope you can get the condo and come wheel with us.

:D Arkansawian sounded better. We might still show up if we do not get it, we can get a room. If all goes well with the plan in my head, my mother-in-law will go (just wait, it gets better), and her and my wife can go to LA and gamble while I wheel and associate with you Arkansawians. She gets scared and walks up the trails, and that gets annoying. If my plan does not work out, do not say anything to her about the possible plan!!

Are you guys going to camp out at the park.

#13 ·
I'm batting the idea around with the Boss (wife). I'll be wheeling there March 3, 4 so I will be pushing my luck on getting to go again so soon. My son's birthday is about then, maybe I could use that as an excuse, although I think my wife and my son have other plans.

We'll see...

#15 ·
#17 ·
i sent out a email to a bunch of people last night, some of the texas guys will be there as well,

#19 ·
79coyotefrg said:
i sent out a email to a bunch of people last night, some of the texas guys will be there as well,
Post any info that you have up here. The Texites would like to know plans as well. Looks like there might be a few show up. I will be there. I will take some pictures as the truck will still be fairly stock. I will not have all my parts on by then.

#20 ·
79coyotefrg said:
I did the big "no" "no" and got a personal driving award in the Gourge at Hot Springs. This was my first so hopefully they will be somewhat easy on me?? This is still the same thing from when i was last down there at Take Over. I guess the Hot Springs judicial system is a little slow that's all?? I knew i should have left that Kansas concert earlier then I did!! :eek:

#21 ·
drlowfreq said:
this looks like a crap load of fun. I have convinced my wife to go camping(aka I want to go offroading) and Gilmer has both :D . March 30th looks like a good date for us. Is there anything special or I need to do prior to going?
Cool! I think the only thing you have to do is show up : ) As time gets a little closer, I may try to get a headcount, in case we have to tell BMRA in advance.

I've only been to Gilmer once, and that was the TX Halloween Takeover. Does anyone know if we have to schedule this with the management of the park beforehand.

#22 ·
i remember somebody saying they spent the night in :jail:

Lance i dont think so but i'll find out

#23 ·
YotaJosh said:
Wow, no responses yet. I hope more people can go.
hey JOSH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.