TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the all pro sliders... i was planing on buying a pair when i saw a steal of a deal on some no name brand.. my question is.. does the little bump at the end of the allpro slider offer any more protection then the ones below?

All Pro slider: $289

No name brand.. $50.. plus gas to get em (Made from 1 3/4" X .120" wall HREW Tubing)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
the ones below look like trail gear sliders

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think there a home made deal... i dunno im just so attracted to the all pro ones. just wondering though if that lip.. bulge what ever it is.. is functional or not

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would say it might if you have a tight corner. I am running them on the fjc. I find it convient if I am putting gear on the roof, gives more stable footing to get things tied down. But I guess that proably means nothing to someone who drives a tacoma, unless your putting canoe or something up there. I have no complains with them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hrmm.. i think i might just save my money.. cause it will cost about $65-$70 in gas to get there.. which puts them at half price of allpro's but.. hrmm yea im thinkin no..

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
... just wondering though if that lip.. bulge what ever it is.. is functional or not
It's a "kick out" that you are talking about. As to if they are functional, yes. but some people have it and some do not. i have it on my taco.
Here is a pic of my CBI version mounted.

You can see the install on my website too.
CBI Slider Install
Most Slider builders offer both options.
Good luck on the future purchase.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have it and yes it is functional... if you have a tight corner you can put the slider up against the object and pivot your truck around the object. I think it has save my truck several times from damage.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool.. alright im just going to hold out a lil longer

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Its a matter of what situation you are in, and also opinion to some extent. I know I have been through squeezes where the kick-outs would have got me wedged hard. Others have found them useful. You can pivot your truck on the sliders without kick-outs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
stubbswelding.com
great toyota sliders! great price!
(no i dont know the guy)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i like my allpros. like mentioned above you can use them to pivot around things . even though you probably could with out them too. its preference mostly, but i vote for the allpros out of your 2 choices

1 - 11 of 11 Posts