TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you concerned about the abuses of the federal government? The government regulates things they have no business controlling, there’s a massive imbalance between federal and state power, and the spending and debt is out of control.

But there’s hope! For the first time in many years, the people and states have a chance to check the runaway train of the federal government.

Article V of the Constitution provides a way for the states to call a convention for the purpose of proposing amendments to the Constitution. Mark Levin has explained the Convention of States process in his bestselling book The Liberty Amendments, and now there’s an organization that can turn an Article V Convention of States into a reality.

Citizens for Self-Governance (CSG) recently launched the Convention of States (COS) Project with the expressed purpose of urging and empowering state legislators to call a Convention of States. Under the COS Project plan, this convention would be called “for the purpose of limiting the power and jurisdiction
of the federal government.” Only amendments that fall under this category would be germane and up for debate

I believe a Convention of States is our last chance to halt the runaway power of the federal government and restore the Founder’s vision. This will be the most important project of this generation, and I hope you’ll consider getting involved!

http://www.conventionofstates.com/?recruiter_id=61740

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I'll sign it but I have little hope of it ever becoming anything.
The reason being is that most people in this country today just don't give a flying fuck what happens. Their only interest is what's in it for them and what they can get today.
They will fall for any stupid trick to get something for what they were told is free.
Common sense and experience dictates that nothing is free. They don't give a crap for the future of this country or even the futures of their own children simply because they have nothing invested. Most are content to sit on their dead asses and not even bother to vote. As long as there is a roof over their heads, there is plenty to eat and the game is on the tube they won't bother to even pry their worthless ass from the couch to do anything, not even vote must less bother to think.
The real problem is not our government or the self serving asses in it, the real problem is we the people.
There is a saying that people eventually get the government that they deserve and that is exactly what we have today.
A few of us care and a few of us have some real skin in the game but the larger problem is that there it's only a few of us who do.
Unfortunately we seem doomed to repeat history and this nation is doomed to fail in the same way that other great nations in history have failed before us.
The writing's on the wall for any who care to read it. However, if you don't at least try you have no right or place to bitch about it so I'll sign it anyway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll sign it but I have little hope of it ever becoming anything.
The reason being is that most people in this country today just don't give a flying fuck what happens. Their only interest is what's in it for them and what they can get today.
They will fall for any stupid trick to get something for what they were told is free.
Common sense and experience dictates that nothing is free. They don't give a crap for the future of this country or even the futures of their own children simply because they have nothing invested. Most are content to sit on their dead asses and not even bother to vote. As long as there is a roof over their heads, there is plenty to eat and the game is on the tube they won't bother to even pry their worthless ass from the couch to do anything, not even vote must less bother to think.
The real problem is not our government or the self serving asses in it, the real problem is we the people.
There is a saying that people eventually get the government that they deserve and that is exactly what we have today.
A few of us care and a few of us have some real skin in the game but the larger problem is that there it's only a few of us who do.
Unfortunately we seem doomed to repeat history and this nation is doomed to fail in the same way that other great nations in history have failed before us.
The writing's on the wall for any who care to read it. However, if you don't at least try you have no right or place to bitch about it so I'll sign it anyway.
I agree that there is a big problem with "We the People" and most of what you said is true. People have become lazy because we do have life pretty easy here in America.

I equate most Americans knowledge of what's going on to the headlines at the grocery checkout stand. Look and see what magazines are there and what the headlines are. NOTHING important whatsoever there. It pisses me off that when I stand there and read that shit that there is not one relevant thing there. People know more about 'stars' than what is happening in the world around them. It takes too much effort to track down the real truth of what is going on and most people don't either know or care.

It doesn't help when the media is completely biased to the left and continually promotes the WH propaganda. Imagine a if the journalists actually reported the facts... it would be a different world.

Fortunately there those of us that recognize and are willing to stand up and do something about it. Thank you for signing, keep up the good fight and never give up. There are way to many good people that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation and we need to do what we can to preserve it.

Get your friends and family to sign too.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Sadly we don't have much of a media anymore. The days of Walter Cronkite and Huntly Brinkly are long gone. Now the media is there mainly to pad time between the ads with as much sensationalized bullshit as they can get for as little outlay of expendature as possible. Why else do you think they harp on the most inane insignificate bullshit for days on end? We can think Ted Turner for that. He's the one who turned news into a money making enterprise. In fact I'd say we don't even have what would pass for a legitimate press anymore. When it starts to be about the money then it's always all about the money and nothing else of any real substance.

"People have become lazy because we do have life pretty easy here in America." Both Rome and Greese went down the very same shithole.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sadly we don't have much of a media anymore. The days of Walter Cronkite and Huntly Brinkly are long gone. Now the media is there mainly to pad time between the ads with as much sensationalized bullshit as they can get for as little outlay of expendature as possible. Why else do you think they harp on the most inane insignificate bullshit for days on end? We can think Ted Turner for that. He's the one who turned news into a money making enterprise. In fact I'd say we don't even have what would pass for a legitimate press anymore. When it starts to be about the money then it's always all about the money and nothing else of any real substance.

"People have become lazy because we do have life pretty easy here in America." Both Rome and Greese went down the very same shithole.
The typical low information voter is too dumb to recognize the media slant, its a real shame.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I basically gave up trying to get any useful info from the media other than the morning weather report and local stuff. Even that I usually buffer up so I don't have to sit though all the ads. Once you've seen a new headline that's about the only headline you're likely to see for the next week or so. Isn't the news supposed to have a new element to it? LOL Typically all you're likely to get is opinion from some talking air head anyway.

The typical low information voter is too dumb to recognize the media slant, its a real shame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts