TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched on the googler, but..................... After changing to v6 rotors and ifs calipers this weekend(Thanks josh!), I am not able to engage or turn the asco hub to lock. I triple checked my FSM, but I can't pinpoint the problem. What say you dooooooooooooooods? thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Take them off, turn the dial to FREE, compress the big spring/hub gear combo, and turn it so so the 2 tangs that stick out of the spring assembly notch into the slots of the hub dial, and turn it clockwise until it sticks.

Then you can put the hub dial back on the truck/hub body.

Don't take your hub dials off unless they are on FREE.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks josh. I did keep them on free as I assembled the axle. I think I put too much grease in when I put it back together. searched ih8mud. keep the suggestions coming though! thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the link. that is the thread I read this morning. on page two they talk about not packing the grease in. I packed the hub. that is probably the answer. get back with yall tomorrow. thanks again

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
take note of the inside of the hub body and see the 2 larger grooves. There's 2 metal tangs that have to key into these larger grooves.
I ASSUMED!
I did keep them on free as I assembled the axle
Thanks josh! I DID NOT have them free. Put everything back together last night.......Correctly. everything works now.....BTW........I THINK THE DUST COVER IS SOME TYPE OF RIGHT OF PASSAGE FOR NEW SFA DUDES. COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW WHY THE NEW CALIPER WOULD NOT LINE UP WITH MOUNTING HOLES.....CUT ABOUT AN EIGHTH INCH OFF DUST COVER AND THEY BOLTED UP..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
oby
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing