TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have always used my ash tray for change and this has always annoyed me, good thinking. What sucks too is when you have too much change in it and constanly slides open. It's not Toyota's fault, it was designed for ash! Silly smokers. I was thinking of putting my cb in place of the ash tray. I saw it done on a Tacoma somewhere. Anybody know of this installation?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Allen!

Haha, thanks for the welcome :) I know that there's alot of commonality between our vehicles and so I was just doin' some reading here. Might as well register and contribute some ideas. :)

Rob:

Yeah, I know what you mean re too much change causing the ash tray to slide out. I have an idea on how to correct it, but its not one of my priorities right now.

As far as the cb in the ashtray mod, its all a matter of unscrewing the rails that the ashtray slides into and finding a CB that is wide enough to fit inside the ashtray area.

Bob

·
Registered
369 Posts
The cb that I saw fit in there was the same little Uniden that I had in my 4Runner. It's a good cb, and the one I was planning on buying again anyway. I'll either mount it in the tray or next to the shifters/cup holders on the passenger side. I really liked it under my cd player in my 4Runner, but I don't really plan on replacing the stock cd player any time soon in my Tacoma, thats why I am trying to find alternatives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rob,

why not make a custom bracket or a "cradle" to hold that uniden to the ash tray slot? you could even use the existing screws too

bob

·
Registered
460 Posts
that works great for u 40 channel guys, but i had my galaxy 33 in my old truck i cant find a dang place to put it in the yota, maybe its b.c its big as a cereal box....

·
Registered
369 Posts
RENEGADE76254 said:
that works great for u 40 channel guys, but i had my galaxy 33 in my old truck i cant find a dang place to put it in the yota, maybe its b.c its big as a cereal box....
Yeah, I wouldn't know where to put a huge cb in the cab of a Tacoma. The little Uniden is great. It has a PA switch and everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts