TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
located across the street from the ford plant in lorain.got a group that goes there everysunday. if around cleveland take 90 west to baumhart rd. (about 30 miles).take a right at the bottom of the off ramp.drive about 1 mile go under some rr tracks then directly on your left is the way in.i have talked to cops (vermillon)they said no dumping.lorain cops said no parkin trailers by the train tracks.if someone needs exact directions pm me and i can give u my # so i can give better directions.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
ATS
located near Lorain, Brownhelm, or Brownhelm Station

Maps.Google
MapQuest

About a square mile to wheel consisting of technical trails and mud.

31" tires can make it here, if you stay out of the deap mud. MT's greatly help!

Photos:
2006-04-15

Directions from Cleveland:
Take I-90 West to SR-2,
Take SR-2 West to Baumhart Road.
Turn North (Right) on Baumhart Road.
Just after the railroad tracks (old Nickle Plate Road Tracks currently used by Norfolk Southern), turn left into a parking area... the trails begin here...

Directions From Medina:
Take I-71 North to I-80 (OHIO Turnpike)
Take I-80 (OH-TP) West to Baumhart Road.
Take Baumhart Road North to the railroad tracks
Just after the railroad tracks (old Nickle Plate Road Tracks currently used by Norfolk Southern), turn left into a parking area... the trails begin here...

From Toledo:
Take I-80/I-90 (OH-TP) East to Baumhart Road.
Take Baumhart Road North to the railroad tracks

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
It was too nice out, so I went out there to check it out this afternoon. From the directions above, I see I was in the right place!

GPS Coords are
N41*24'30.6"
W82*17'01.6"
Elev 612'

Conditions were VERY muddy. There were a few people on quads. Some of the trails appear to be very tight, but I may have been on the wrong ones. (I didn't go in far)

I was very happy to be on 33's and locked f/r.

(There was a bone stock Cherokee and '78 Bronco going in when I was leaving - I should have stayed to see how quick and how bad they got stuck)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have been back there before but on the other side of the tracks off a back-road entrance. My stocker on basically 31’s can be swallowed up by a few of the ruts. There is a valley of some kind in the back but never ventured down there. I didn’t want to get stuck out there but got hung up a few times and had to use the skinny peddle plus the locker a lot.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
What kind of difficullty are these? I am currently in cleveland, and wouldn't mind getting learned a few things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i will be there sunday.that vally is a b--ch.we usually have 3 to 7 vehicles there,so there will be no prob. 1000am at the tracks.i know all the bypasses so we can avoid the deep holes.i also have a winch if nobody has one.post if u are coming so nobody gets left. there are some creek walls alot of hill climbs off camber sections. not to difficult.i run 31 in tires with a rear locker and have no problems.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I should clear up the directions on the last map a little bit. Where the star is located at is pretty much the entrance. The entrance is on the Northwest side of the railroad track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts