TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah drove my truck to visit a buddy in San Marcos and walked out the next day noticed that my radio wasn't picking up any stations and saw that the pole had been unscrewed and taken. So I'm thinking of buying another one to return it to stock, unless I can think up of some other antenna I could replace that would be better. I won't be using a CB and this truck will only see mild trails for offroading.

Also, if anyone can tell me the stock height of the antenna would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to spend 37.00 at the dealership for a new one if I can find it cheaper.

Thanks,
Nick

07' PreRunner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,173 Posts
just get you a cheapie wally world mass and screw it in. no big deal. Better yet use this as an excuse to get yourself Satalite radio!

I have sat radio and could careless about standard radio stations which means my mass is just for show anyway!

What does the standard antenna have to do with your CB? just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Just go to someplace like NAPA Auto parts or Autozone. I'm sure they sell them. Also, I would refer to it as an antennae and not a pole. You don't want people to think you're stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,173 Posts
Footpounds said:
Also, I would refer to it as an antennae and not a pole. You don't want people to think you're stupid.
Proper term for it is Antenna Mast as in the mast of a sail boat.

or is it mass?

Damn now even I am confused! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bear said:
What does the standard antenna have to do with your CB? just curious.

I said I wouldn't be using one, I was considering getting one and seeing if I could mod my standard attennae(sp, whatever :D ) to fit a CB one. I'm headed to pepboys right now to pick one up now.

Thanks,
Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
I think it's 'antenna mast.' Anyone with half a brain would know what you were talking about if you called it an antenna pole though. Same difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
stu said:
I think it's 'antenna mast.' Anyone with half a brain would know what you were talking about if you called it an antenna pole though. Same difference.
Apparently you haven't been in many Autozone stores have you? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
They do have antennas that have both CB and radio built into them, but I've never used one so I can't speak of the quality.

I replaced my stock antenna a few years ago after it lost a fight with a tree. Got a shorter one from Pep Boys for a decent price, lasted a couple years until that one lost a fight with a tree, replaced it with them same one. The lower the better I think, doesn't diminish reception and since it's lower it doesn't catch as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
I once mounted an after market Euro style antenna I got off of ebay right on my rear speaker grill in my rear window (in a car). It was clean to not have any antenna sticking up at all outside. The reception blew though. It could have just been the shitty ebay brand of the antenna. Anyone know if glass would block out enough reception to matter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
spend the extra money and get a internal intenna like mine...its small and it mounts to the inside of your windshield..wayyy better reception then the normal ones and no wires show ...it looks good and sounds good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bdon333 said:
spend the extra money and get a internal intenna like mine...its small and it mounts to the inside of your windshield..wayyy better reception then the normal ones and no wires show ...it looks good and sounds good

Where can I find one of those? Pic of how it's mounted in the cab?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
007 said:
Are you sure it was thieves? mine kept trying to unscrew and bail off the truck untill I put thread lock on it.

I'm not sure it was thieves I just assumed. Sounds like a problem with the truck, think I can get one for free under warranty. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
nyk438 said:
I'm not sure it was thieves I just assumed. Sounds like a problem with the truck, think I can get one for free under warranty. :D
Ya, and if not.......... there will be plenty to choose from once you step outside onto the lot!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
a CB antenna costs $25
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top