TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a question about flowmasters..How much does a flowmaster muffler go for? And how much did you pay for yours? Cuz im I wanna get a super 40 series flowmaster soon, but I dont anyone at a mufflers shop trying to rip me off on the price.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
pick up the phone and yellow pages.

got mine at pepboys for 40.00 somthing dollars.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Well I had a question about flowmasters..How much does a flowmaster muffler go for? And how much did you pay for yours? Cuz im I wanna get a super 40 series flowmaster soon, but I dont anyone at a mufflers shop trying to rip me off on the price.

Call around!

Im sure your area has more then one muffler shop.

Ask for prices on the whole setup, and the same price for if YOU were to supply the muffler. You can get them at Summit....maybe cheaper, maybe not.

My local shop wanted maybe $10-20 bucks more then Summit, so I went ahead and bought it from them, no waiting necessary. Plus if its somehow fawked up, Its all on them.

Shop around, kid. Use your phone, and call every place in the book.

Then come tell us if you got ripped off or not. Im sure there is someone here who cares.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A Flowmaster for $40 brand new? I think the cheapest one they have listed is at least $100. I bought an 80 series for my Camaro and paid $105 for it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
40 original was 85 i think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well i checked out a muffler shop today and the guy there said he would charge me $200 for a super 40 flowmaster/ with installation and larger pipes 2 1/2.. so what do you think?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just got my Flowmaster 40 installed today on my 04 V6 Xcab. $250 OTD. Than included, Flowmaster 40, 3" S/S pipe from O2 sensor back to the Flowmaster, and then a custom tail pipe fab which went from the Flowmaster, up & over the leaf spring.
If you just wanted the Flowmaster 40 installed between your existing stock exhaust piping, it was $125+tax.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok well i checked out a muffler shop today and the guy there said he would charge me $200 for a super 40 flowmaster/ with installation and larger pipes 2 1/2.. so what do you think?
I dont think that was with the tips.. i dont remember him mentioning the tip but, Im gonna ask him see if he'll include the tip for the $200

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
A Flowmaster for $40 brand new? I think the cheapest one they have listed is at least $100. I bought an 80 series for my Camaro and paid $105 for it.
military discount :D and it was 40 series original, then got my budy jace to weld :welder: it in :cool: .

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I got the muffler and install for 85 bucks at my local muffler shop.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I used to run a Flowmaster on my 95.

Muffler shop talked me into getting a muffler called a ProSound....or sumpin like that. Its supposed to be a cheaper equal the the Flowmaster. Cheap is definately the word for it!

It wasnt 1 month old when the factory weld broke on the outlet of the muffler. It has broke twicet. :(

Just FYI.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i got a flowmaster FM40 muffler and a turn down after it put on for 150$ the muffler itself cost around 85$

·
Registered
19 Posts
honestly i would stay away from flowmaster unless you are pushing serious power - the multiple baffles really restrick the air flow on lower displacement/hp engines

·
Registered
24 Posts
Flowmaster

Got mine of ebay for 50 bucks.:boobies: Still sitting in the garage dont know if I want to put it on or not. I had it for my old jeep but never put it on. Not sure if I want it on my tacoma.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts