TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
Any of you guys in the austin area , I'm needing a pretty good favor.
this particularly pretains to those of you who are coming towards houston or to jamboree in jan.

A buddy of mine is moving to cali in 3 weeks and he cannot take his sugargliders with him (they are illegal there)

so I'm hoping someone would be willing to pick them up for me and if your coming towards houston area before jamboree i could meet up with you or just keep them till jamboree and who knows you may get attached to them if so thats great ! My intention is to re-home the 2 female gliders anyhow as I have 7 adults and 2 baby sugargliders now that I am caring for.

that is an image of a baby sugarglider

My sneaker hiding out :)

if you can lend a hand in the transportation or can find someone or yourselfs are interested in caring for them please let me know and I will give you all the information you will need.

thanks !

·
Registered
282 Posts
*Pending approval from Em*

I could probably put a couple up at my place until Jambo, or until Em wants to keep them. What does it take to keep the little fellas happy? What kinda food?

I have a couple of Toy Fox Terriers. They are pretty territorial. How would they get along?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Professor™ said:
*Pending approval from Em*

I could probably put a couple up at my place until Jambo, or until Em wants to keep them. What does it take to keep the little fellas happy? What kinda food?

I have a couple of Toy Fox Terriers. They are pretty territorial. How would they get along ?
Gliders are 98% kept caged the 2% they are out they are with their owners unless u have a safe play room for them (IE walk in closet) there are many commerically avaliable foods you can order from the internet or have your local pet store stock. there are also meals you can prepare for them and keep frozen depending on your time . the two that are avaliable I am told are quite well tame, one is a bit skiddish and loves to nibble on fingertips looking for "treats" the other is an explorer .. Both are female one is 4 yrs old the other is 1 yr old. they come with a cage and some food.

their diets are the most important part about them once you have it down (after a week) its like 2nd nature. they are nocturnal creatures and do not get sunlight to produce calcium . so naturally they have a calcium deficiency and need calcium supplements to keep their bone density up. or things like hind leg paralysis comes into play. :(. calcium supplements are sprinkled on to their food and viola done. .

you would have to gradually introduce them to the terriers if you really wanted them to get along , but first they would have to bond to you ! give that 2 months then i say you can slowly hold one in your hands and see if the dog tries to kill it or eat it. same for the glider lol believe it or not these guys are not defenseless. quite able to defend themselves unless its a frisky cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts