TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last 3 trucks being full-size domestics I want my next one to be a little smaller. I hardly ever have much in the bed or tow anything. I'm looking into a double cab Tacoma. Anyhow one requirement is that I need to be able to load my Honda 400EX in the bed. I'm almost positive that a shortbed will need to have the tailgate down. My main concern though is the space between the wheel wells.

Toyota lists it as being 41.5 inches and the width of the front of the quad (across the front tires, outside edge to outside edge) is about 45 inches. So, the front tires will be up on top of the wells. I'm not too keen on that, especially with the tailgate down, so I'm assuming I will have to go with a long bed so the front tires can ride up, over, and down the front side of the wells.

Anybody with ATV's care to share how they load them up into either length bed? In the end maybe I'll just end up getting a Tundra...really can't lose either way. :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
you can only put a quad in a truck if you pee sitting down...that is who quads are for.
A real man rides a motorcycle...or at least gets out a tape measure and figures this shit out for himself.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
2000gm said:
In other words, you have no idea. :p
My wife has an 05 DC. We put a Honda 250ex in the back, stood it up on its ass, and put my daughters 50 quad sideways behind it, and closed the tailgate. Then we hauled a 3800 pound pop up trailer behind it, and went out to the desert like that. They fit :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
2000gm said:
In other words, you have no idea. :p

its one of those things you should just be able to figure out even if youve never done it:p

remember the first time you had sex? did you have to ask on the internet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, there was no internet back then...well I think it was around, but Al Gore hadn't told anyone about it yet. What is this "sex" thing you speak of anyways?

Actually, I already have the measurements. What I was asking for was how guys carried'em in their trucks, to give me an idea if I should even be considering a shortbed or not.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I Couldnt Agree More With Miguelitro, Quads Are For Chicks
Real Men Ride Motorcycles And Im Not Talking Those Leaky, Loud Worthless Harleys Either :d

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Tell me about it, I want a 250R and shes got to have her quad or its no 250R for me. Marriage..........A happy wife is a happy life.:(

·
Registered
224 Posts
My Raptor fits... and just in case my manhood is in question, my motorcycle fits too!(just not at the same time)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
rynosurf said:
My Raptor fits... and just in case my manhood is in question, my motorcycle fits too!(just not at the same time)
transvestite????

just kidding:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts