TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it seems like every couple of years i change my mind on my sound system and now i need help with my new system..

This is what i going to stick in
Alpine CDA-9857 Head Unit (sitting here ready to be insntalled) to replace my CDA-7995
Alpine MRP-T220 Amp to run the front speakers (shipped to me soon)
Alpine F303 Amp to run my rear speakers & Sub (already Installed in truck)
Alpine 6.5's In the Door (already Installed)
Apline 6.5's In the Rear (already Installed)
RF 1 fraud Dig cap

Now my questions are i'm looking for a cubby hole sub. I've did a search the NB & customtacos and just came up with some pictures but nothing that has any details or pics of the the making process or they just show the fiberglass ones which are going to cost a good amount of $$$. Alot of the links on what i've found were dead also. I'm looking for something fairly cheap and and basic. With me having the doors off alot i need a cubby hole type enclosure so i can put the seat down and it can't be seen.

Question 2. Does anyone know where to find a kick panel speaker setup. Right now i have the 6.5's in the door but when i take the doors off the speakers go with it. Do 4Runner or other model of tacos (limited, etc.) have the type or would this have to be custom made.

Question 3 is there anything else i should be looking at?? I plan on doing this after i get the new carpet or rubber flooring so that i can do it all at once when i have the seats out and i plan on mounting the amps onder the seats with : or six lobe security screws since all of this will be accessable when i have the doors off

Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
183 Posts
1. I liked this cubby hole sub http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24316 I plan on doing it one day when I have free time, but my box in the rear is working fine for now.

2. Never seen a footwell pod for sale, check Q-Logic but I dont think they make them for tacomas. You might able to rig pods from another car to work down there too. I'm not a fan of kick panel speakers though, they would probably have to take over the dead pedal area, and I'd be afraid of putting my size 13s though my speakers.

3. Dont make an idiot mistake like I did, mounting both my JL amps under the seats, then trying to install the seats and not having them fit:) If you do need some extra clearance, the first thing that hits is a little peice of metal on the slider release. Cut it off, it serves no purpose that I can find...

My two cents...ditch the rear speakers and get a good set of components for the front. Rear fill is pointless in a tacoma.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i like that setup also but i'm not sure about me doing the work LOL

Yea i ended up finding the kick panel pods.
http://www.audio-n-more.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=QL-K4003&Category_Code=KICKS

I don't have a dead pedeal since i have a 5spd so i don't know how thats going to work but i'm really wanting some speakers up front. With the doors off (run the tube doors alot) i only have the 2 rear 6.5's on and it sounds like crap.

I already have one under the pass. side and it fits good. the one on the DS will be smaller so i'm sure it will fit plus when i put the 02 celica seats in i had to raise the rear part of the seats because it leaned back way to far...

Yea i hear what your saying about the rear speakers the front & a cubby sub are the main things i'm concerned about just need some place to put front speakers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok it seems like every couple of years i change my mind on my sound system and now i need help with my new system..

Question 2. Does anyone know where to find a kick panel speaker setup. Right now i have the 6.5's in the door but when i take the doors off the speakers go with it. Do 4Runner or other model of tacos (limited, etc.) have the type or would this have to be custom made.

Thanks for the info..
Crutchfield has some awesome deals and i checked up for my 1997 kickpanels and they do have it. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wuMH24uJCaM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182850&I=044K400363

hope this helps and good luck on your setup. oh btw, any chance you selling your old alpine deck? pm me if you are:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
http://xenforo.local.svc.cluster.local/threads/49991/

I used the cubby hole sub ideas posted in the second message of this post.
It was not difficult, just time consuming. I had never glassed anything before so I took my time and practiced making some basic boxes first.

I wish I had taken more pictures during the install...actually, if I did I'd probably have fiberglass and resin all over my camera, that stuff gets everywhere.

If this is the route you think you'd like I can go into more details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts