TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the trails going to look like (snow wise) for the weekend of Aug 11-16?

Damn...you guys need some melt...

:D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why, you gonna plan another trip out here?

You gonna stick with it this time? lol
:flipoff3:

I don't own a snowmobile...so planning a trip to CA in May wasn't going to work.

There is a group coming out from CO and they wanted to check in with some locals on conditions. Pirate has a thread for it...

·
Registered
195 Posts
By August there should be less snow. The higher trails still have plenty (Con, Deer Valley, Slick Rock), but are passable. The short summer we just had wasn't enough to melt all the snow. Up here (3300') we've been a constant 10 to 20 degrees below normal. We've only had a handful of days in the mid 80's and up, by this time of the year we should be roasting in the 90's and 100's.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
:flipoff3:

I don't own a snowmobile...so planning a trip to CA in May wasn't going to work.

There is a group coming out from CO and they weren't going to tell you but wanted to check in with some locals on conditions. Pirate has a thread for it...
We should start bets on what your excuse will be this time :lmao:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By August there should be less snow. The higher trails still have plenty (Con, Deer Valley, Slick Rock), but are passable. The short summer we just had wasn't enough to melt all the snow. Up here (3300') we've been a constant 10 to 20 degrees below normal. We've only had a handful of days in the mid 80's and up, by this time of the year we should be roasting in the 90's and 100's.
Thanks Matt.:)

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Blair, I was just on the Con this weekend with Hytenor, and it's clear all the way through. There's a drive on the Tahoe side, but there's already a (Legal) and easy way around it. There's another drift but we cut it down on the work party.

Trail is a little wet, but I think by Mid August it should be a little drier. As far as Deer Valley goes, nobody has gotton through. Slickrock I'm not sure about, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lake side still has drifts...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blair, I was just on the Con this weekend with Hytenor, and it's clear all the way through. There's a drive on the Tahoe side, but there's already a (Legal) and easy way around it. There's another drift but we cut it down on the work party.

Trail is a little wet, but I think by Mid August it should be a little drier. As far as Deer Valley goes, nobody has gotton through. Slickrock I'm not sure about, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lake side still has drifts...
Thanks! Glad to hear you guys got to get out there this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts