TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I used the search function but for some reason it's not letting me search. I need to get my truck painted, and I don't have an area to do it myself. Plus I'd rather just pay a little more for a better job.

Truck is a 2004 Double Cab Taco.

I am looking to a body shop or paint shop in the front range area. I would like to have my truck painted desert tan. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on shops or places that could help me out?

Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
You can go high end perfect paint with a shop like SVE in Broomfield you can go to a regular run of the mill production shop like Abra. You can find someone to do it and chance what you get....If your not worried about perfect maaco...I also know a few guys who have shops... Id say id shoot it but i dont have a shop anymore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can go high end perfect paint with a shop like SVE in Broomfield you can go to a regular run of the mill production shop like Abra. You can find someone to do it and chance what you get....If your not worried about perfect maaco...I also know a few guys who have shops... Id say id shoot it but i dont have a shop anymore.
Thank you for the info. i would say I'm more worried about the prep job because I have small little surface rust areas, but I can't take care of them myself. I want to make sure they aren't going to try and screw me and just paint right over it.

What kind of prices do you think I'm looking at for each of those options? Any ideas?

thanks again!!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i took the car to golden coach works... he does all the repairs on the stuff at work and honestly, ive seen alot of rv body work and his is awesome... that said his car work is such that the side he fixed looks better than the stock side on my 7 month old car.

a while back i asked him about how much stuff was to respray... his number without looking was a few hundred a panel, but that it depended on prep needed. gives you something to go by....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took the car to golden coach works... he does all the repairs on the stuff at work and honestly, ive seen alot of rv body work and his is awesome... that said his car work is such that the side he fixed looks better than the stock side on my 7 month old car.

a while back i asked him about how much stuff was to respray... his number without looking was a few hundred a panel, but that it depended on prep needed. gives you something to go by....
wow! that is way more than I was expecting... I mean heck I could maybe to the prep myself, no primer or anything, maybe just sand it down or something. I was hoping to get in around like $600 or so... Thanks for the info though, kind of puts me in my place about what I thought I could get for my :2cents: Thanks!

Any other people out there?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
If you wanna spend 600 Maaco is your best bet. I think the nice option may be higher then that but idk I have never used em. I'd say a decent job no jams would be 1500 ish. That's basic prep and a ding or 2. Rust is a price hike and so is damage. Just a guess.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
sounds in line.... the more prep/fixing the more it is....

oh and colors can affect the price.... the truck white is like 22 a quart.... the car is about 130

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds in line.... the more prep/fixing the more it is....

oh and colors can affect the price.... the truck white is like 22 a quart.... the car is about 130
Hmmm sounds like I will need to do some research. I'm thinking I can save some money by dont having them pait the hood or the inside of the bed. The bed is getting line-x and hood is going black because I can do that by myself and I could care less if it doesn't match. If I can save some from them not painting it. Thanks for all the help guys, Ill try and post up here what happens in a couple months or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts