TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Tacoma has this switch on the console. When you are off roading and have your Toy in 4 wheel high do you turn the Auto LSD/VSC switch off? I noticed when I put it in 4 wheel low it automatically turned it off. Thanks for helping a brand new 4 wheeler out!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
2010 TRD OFF-ROAD 4WD DC with 9 drive modes (using VSC Off, A-TRAC & RR Diff Lock switches):

1) 2WD: VSC and TRAC active, 'Vehicle Stability Contro'l and 'Traction Control' (Limited Slip Diff.).
2) 2WD: Switch turns off 'TRAC' and 'VSC', and turns on 'AUTO LSD'. Gives maximum power to tire with traction by braking spinning tire, without cutting power.
3) 2WD: 3 second push of switch turns off VSC, TRAC & AUTO LSD for open differential.

4) 4WD-Hi: VSC and TRAC are both on. No engine power is cut in TRAC while in H4.
5) 4WD-Hi: 3 second push of switch turns off VSC and TRAC.

6) 4WD-Lo: VSC and TRAC are off (open differentials).
7) 4WD-Lo: Push of A-TRAC button activates A-TRAC (Locker-like limited slip).
8) 4WD-Lo: Push of RR DIFF LOCK switch to lock rear differential.
9) 4WD-Lo: RR DIFF LOCK and A-TRAC combined. 5 MPH limit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010 TRD OFF-ROAD 4WD DC with 9 drive modes (using VSC Off, A-TRAC & RR Diff Lock switches):

1) 2WD: VSC and TRAC active, 'Vehicle Stability Contro'l and 'Traction Control' (Limited Slip Diff.).
2) 2WD: Switch turns off 'TRAC' and 'VSC', and turns on 'AUTO LSD'. Gives maximum power to tire with traction by braking spinning tire, without cutting power.
3) 2WD: 3 second push of switch turns off VSC, TRAC & AUTO LSD for open differential.

4) 4WD-Hi: VSC and TRAC are both on. No engine power is cut in TRAC while in H4.
5) 4WD-Hi: 3 second push of switch turns off VSC and TRAC.
6) 4WD-Lo: VSC and TRAC are off (open differentials).
7) 4WD-Lo: Push of A-TRAC button activates A-TRAC (Locker-like limited slip).
8) 4WD-Lo: Push of RR DIFF LOCK switch to lock rear differential.
9) 4WD-Lo: RR DIFF LOCK and A-TRAC combined. 5 MPH limit.
So what does that all mean? What is a locked differential as compared to an open differential?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts