TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want all of your opinions on the new tacomas...would you rather the 5 speed auto or the 6 speed manual. Ive heard mixed opinions on both of them, like that the auto gets better mileage and performs better and also heard the same of the 6 speed. Not that i plan on getting one, ive just heard mixed feelings on both of them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I mostly prefer manuals but I like the auto in my truck, I mostly get manuals in sports cars and older trucks/cars. I had a auto in my 03 and wished I had a manual but I'm happy with the newer 5spd. Is the first gear in the Tacoma a crawler gear that you dont normaly use? I know they had these in some older trucks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
auto
1st 3.52:1
2nd 2.04:1
3rd 1.40:1
4th 1.00:1
5th 0.72:1

6spd
1st 4.17:1
2nd 2.19:1
3rd 1.49:1
4th 1.19:1
5th 1.00:1
6th 0.85:1

i wouldnt say its a crawler gear or anything, just kind of low...but anyway like i said, ive heard that the auto is faster and gets better mpg for some reason, maybe toyota finally figured out what works with automatics for once. If it wee me going to buy one id probably buy a 6 spd but id def drive both before i made that decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
tacoma4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing