TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 with a 2.7. I'm thinking of converting it to an auto. I have a complete 01 auto prerunner so my question is, are the transfer cases the same between the manual and autos? And is the output shaft and rear housing the only difference in the auto's?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 97 with a 2.7. I'm thinking of converting it to an auto. I have a complete 01 auto prerunner so my question is, are the transfer cases the same between the manual and autos? And is the output shaft and rear housing the only difference in the auto's?
Same engine? In my experience the transfer cases are the same on the 3.4 between trannies, but I don't have a lot of knowledge about the 4cyl. And between a prerunner trans and a 4x4 trans the output shaft on the rear of the tranny is longer on the 2x4 than the 4x4.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have an '03 Pre runner that has a 2.7 and came with an auto (A340LE). A few months ago, I purchased a complete A340F, had it rebuilt & installed along with an Inchworm lefty.

Both trans cases are the same length. As stated, the input/ output shaft on the Pre runner auto is longer, plus it is smaller in diameter and has 21 splines. The 4x4 trans has 23 splines.

Be sure to get the CORRECT torque converter. Big differences between engines and model year. I am still going through issues with mine .

Hope this helps you.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
Transfer case has a different input shaft. So you need the complete trans/transfer combo. Don't forget you'll also need the matching ECU and wiring harness.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you need a transfer case, I have an extra that I'll give you a great deal on.

Where are you located?

Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts