TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this conversion? WHat are the potential problems? Where can I get my hands on a R150f with Transfer case? Show me the way....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R150F Tranny

Where can I find a 2001-2003 R150F manual tranny at a good price?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Start calling up the parts yards for a rolled, salvaged, wrecked truck-

If not- Get with someone looking to do a Prerunner > 4wd conversion
-They will want your tranny & X-case -
That way you can have someone else helping you look.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Have you even called any salvage yards yet? The salvage yards in houston are interconnected by some type of intercom system. If they don't have the part you are looking for, usually they can locate it within a couple minutes.

Don't forget the other things you will need like a pedal assy, master/slave cylinders, hard lines, etc.........I'm not sure if you will need to change computers or not, but there is a difference between A/T and M/T computers.

It would probably be to your advantage to get the wiring diagrams for each vehicle(yours and the one the parts came from) in case you run into any electrical problems. God knows I needed them. I spent one day on the swap and two days on the wiring:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Start calling up the parts yards for a rolled, salvaged, wrecked truck-

If not- Get with someone looking to do a Prerunner > 4wd conversion
-They will want your tranny & X-case -
That way you can have someone else helping you look.
let me know what you want to do with your tranny and TC when you swap out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Harolds

Teh cheapest place I know where I get all my Danas and tranny's including motors and all my parts for that matter is Harolds off of N 183 in Briggs. You have to pull the parts yourself, or in some cases the trannys and motors might be pulled already. If you pull things yourself, it's cheaper than dirt. Check them out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto to Man Tranny

It doesn't get more informative than this
http://www.junglecode.com/toyota/tacoma/transmission/

Also Steve aka Swank performed and engine/tranny swap as well.
I took a look at that link to the project above. They haven't updated there info. I was wondering if the ECU had to be changed in order for the swap to work. Will I have a problem with the the pilot bearing? I read that the crankshaft might not receive the pilot bearing because it is setup for a automatic. ARGH!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I wonder WHY one would want to do this? IMHO, an auto is superior both on and off road. I might have kept my Taco if it had been an auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts