TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas? This does not appear to be a good thing :confused: ... I just backed it out of the driveway and pulled back in. Tranny fluid is leaking from one of the extra adaptor plate holes, and it's not at the bottom :mad:

Please tell me I dont have to pull this thing back out!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
BenMaster said:
Any ideas? This does not appear to be a good thing :confused: ... I just backed it out of the driveway and pulled back in. Tranny fluid is leaking from one of the extra adaptor plate holes, and it's not at the bottom :mad:

Please tell me I dont have to pull this thing back out!
try cleaning it out with some degreaser and then sealing that hole with gasket goop.

then call Jim on Mon morning ;)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Especially odd in light of all the talk in the last couple days about the tail housing supposed to be dry- you put that new seal in the tranny output like you were supposed to?
How long has the crawler been in there? I know its red so it should be obvious, but is there room in the tranny for another quart (as in a quart+ leaked back to the tail housing).
Etc.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looks to me like the tailshaft seal failed, or you put the wrong one back in. Its going to have to come back out and be fixed..... My :2cents: On the bright side, its better its that seal than a seal within the crawler....You'd have to pull it out and rebuild the whole thing like I did....twice. :mad:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
RaideRNatioN said:
You'd have to pull it out and rebuild the whole thing like I did....twice. :mad:
6 times now in and out and 2nd time dis/assembling :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet...

RaideRNatioN said:
Looks to me like the tailshaft seal failed, or you put the wrong one back in. Its going to have to come back out and be fixed..... My :2cents: On the bright side, its better its that seal than a seal within the crawler....You'd have to pull it out and rebuild the whole thing like I did....twice. :mad:
Thanks guys - I bet I screwed up the seal since I did take the case out and put it back 3 times getting the rear crossmember and body clearancing where it needed to be. Oh well, it seems like I am getting pretty good and it now anyway. :eek: Sometimes I wonder if I will every get to drive this thing!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Thanks guys - I bet I screwed up the seal since I did take the case out and put it back 3 times getting the rear crossmember and body clearancing where it needed to be. Oh well, it seems like I am getting pretty good and it now anyway. :eek: Sometimes I wonder if I will every get to drive this thing!
Dont sweat it. As said above, we've all pulled these things and rebuilt them now a couple times...well most of us.

It took me a year to get my 98 SAS dialed in to where I like it so be patient. Itll all come together :D

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Dont sweat it. As said above, we've all pulled these things and rebuilt them now a couple times...well most of us.

It took me a year to get my 98 SAS dialed in to where I like it so be patient. Itll all come together :D
and people ask me why I had Inchworm do the install...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Been there and done that. I had Jim on speed dial when I was putting mine in. I think it was in and out 3-5 times. :) Hang in there!!

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts