TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know at what temp does the idoit temp light for the auto tranny kicks on?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

Beave

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not so sure all Tacomas do have it. My buddy has a '00 and his does not have it. But, my brother had a 94 4Runner and it DID have it. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
Does anyone know at what temp does the idoit temp light for the auto tranny kicks on?
This is from the 2003 FSM: Normal operating temp is 122 to 176deg, warning circuit operation reading is 230deg, resistance of 790 at the sensor terminal.

I would think most other years would be close to the same temp.

Tim

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
thanks for the intel
I had mine come one once while wheeling in Iowa, it was hot and humid and i was just idling, it came ON and then went off after I started wheeling again.
I am going to install a gauge, where is the idiot light sensor located on the auto tranny?

·
Registered
117 Posts
You could also add aftermarket tranny cooler, this would help during wheeling and towing, I dont think they cost much either.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The FSM shows it on the fwd right side of the tranny, just behind the bellhousing. It looks like there is a tranny cooler line running next to it that the FSM says must be unhooked for clearance to remove the sensor.

Again I'm looking at the 2003 FSM so it might be different for earlier years, but I would really doubt it is.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts