TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have one last nagging question about the SC mods with the automatic transmission..

How long will they live? The trans in my truck has 180K on it, but it's running strong with no problems so far. My friend ran with the ECT button on virtually the whole time he owned the truck, so it probably held back some wear on the clutches.

I'm planning to do the valve body mod soon (removal will be after the next new rain goes away in So Cal) to help it live with the TRD trans cooler at the same time.

What kind of life can I expect- who has the most automatic miles on the board? Matt's T100 with 273K miles on the supercharged motor has given me faith in the motor (that truck is a stick), though I haven't seen any reports on high mileage trannies yet.

Mine's running Mobil 1 ATF right now, though John at IPT told me about an additive that will help the Mobil1 when I put the revalved VB back in.

These boards have cost me bucks- the TRD SC let to the URD fuel kit, which led to the OBD controller, the LM1 wideband O2 sensor for tuning, and to the Valve body mod and trans cooler! It's a virus! :welder:

Thanks! (I think!) :D

-Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
dam, 180k on the auto tranny? thats remarkable. I was in the frame of mind that i wont get that much out of it. Mine is s/c'ed too and i need to do the valve body upgrade to it. Ive only heard good things with IPT too. Its just forking out another 450 bones.

·
Registered
731 Posts
J-Man said:
dam, 180k on the auto tranny? thats remarkable. I was in the frame of mind that i wont get that much out of it. Mine is s/c'ed too and i need to do the valve body upgrade to it. Ive only heard good things with IPT too. Its just forking out another 450 bones.
John at IPT did a great job on my valve body. It's fun being able to burn rubber when it shifts to second gear.

Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine isn't S/C'ed yet.. I'll get the valve body and cooler installed before the S/C even touches the engine.
The trans still works, and I want to keep it that way as looooooong as possible :)
I was just curious to see how long others have been able to get their autos to tick..

-Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts