TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is pretty lame, but what notch is full on a 2001d/c3.4l auto trans dipstick? does truck need to be running to check level?

·
Registered
597 Posts
i dont have an auto in my taco but in other trucks i do, you usually always check an auto trans with it running and it in neutral, the p brake pulled of course:D , i would assume the highest line is full

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats basically how i checked it, but the stick has a notch close to the bottom, one a few inches up, and another about a half inch to inch above that. thats where my confusion comes in is what friggin notch. the owners book doesn't show how to check the auto fluid only the engine oil,power sterring, and brakes.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
If you go to this site it tells you exactly how to check the level:
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_Manual/03tacoma/ma/undhoo/genmai.pdf
Line ten.
I looked at mine and the two bottem slots (approx 1/4 in apart)are for cool ckecking, the two higher ones(approx 1/2 in apart) are for hot. Lower low higher hi. First time I looked couldn't see much. Had to tilt into sun and apply bifocals to read tiny letters.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
they are probably a low level, hi level cold and hi level warm. its best to have the tranny warm and running on a level surface. it doesn't matter if its in neutral or park. some vehicles require you to have it in drive while holding the brake(obviously). but not for most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts