TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth paying about $20 more to get the Duralast Gold than the regular Duralast battery. What is the real benefit to the Gold other than 1 year more on replacement warranty and better CCA? Thanks

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Did you happen to read each battery and see if there is a difference in cranking amps? If anything, that might be a difference.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the CCA and CA are higher but I was wondering through someone's experience would that be worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
Is it worth paying about $20 more to get the Duralast Gold than the regular Duralast battery. What is the real benefit to the Gold other than 1 year more on replacement warranty and better CCA? Thanks
YES, you get a longer warranty and typically a little more along the lines of cold cranking amps. Definitely worth the money.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at a battery at Sams Club today. Driving Force brand by Johnson Controls. It has the same CA and CCA as the Duralast Gold but only 39.99 vs. the [email protected] 79.99. Anyone have any experience with this battery?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i have a duralast gold battery in my truck. can't really tell you if its any better than a red top but i do know its not as good as my old optima. cranks over just fine and doesnt need to be refilled very often. now cold weather here is about 29 degrees so extreme cold starts i can't help ya on

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jester_motorsports said:
Duralast batteries are made by Johnson Controls. Check the warranty on that battery from Sams. If it's the same as the Duralast, it might not be a bad thing to try out.
Its 2yr replacement/ 7yr pro-rated, the DL is 3yr/8yr. I really don't worry too much about the pro-rated warranty, I hear it drops off pretty fast. Now that I think about it, with the CCA's the same and half the price, if it fails after 2 years I can buy another one. It's for the Honda so I think I'll give it a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
tacoma0309
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing