TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to mount 4 hella 500's on the front of a 97 4runner. I am mounting them on the top of the bumper evenly spaced between the headlights ie right in front of the grill. Should that be too much in the way to block flow to the radiator, nothing is blocking the lower slits for airflow to the radiator? Has anyone else have this set up?

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I am about to mount 4 hella 500's on the front of a 97 4runner. I am mounting them on the top of the bumper evenly spaced between the headlights ie right in front of the grill. Should that be too much in the way to block flow to the radiator, nothing is blocking the lower slits for airflow to the radiator? Has anyone else have this set up?
radiator will be fine...bolting them the OE plastic (ie, flimsy, lights will shake and bounce around, etc) bumper will be the problem...good luck.

you can add a strip of steel under there to stiffen things up but 4 lights will be tough to keep very steady.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 Hytenor. Bumper tupperware is way too flimsy to mount the lights.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mounted them today, and i mounted in the metal bumper and it seems fine to me.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
post some pics bud

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

will take it out later and get some action pics

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
So you bolted them through the metal under the plastic. For some reason, I thought it was like the taco, with plastic under the tupperware skin and a metal plate in the front section.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that whole upper portion of the bumper is metal.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
that whole upper portion of the bumper is metal.
good to know...ain't even close to what the Taco bumpers have...just a strip of thin guage stuff.

You'll know if you need to beef that mount up when you get them on a moderately bumpy road at night ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts