TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, my auxillary power outlets shut off when the truck is turned off. Yesterday, I noticed that they just started staying on. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
Normally, my auxillary power outlets shut off when the truck is turned off. Yesterday, I noticed that they just started staying on. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
That's crazy. Just curious, why would you want to fix it? I hated that my oulets had no power when the truck was off. Check your fuse box to see if the relay is seated properly- that's all I can think of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,124 Posts
did someobdy do the full time power outlet mod to your truck while you werent looking? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
camaddy said:
That's crazy. Just curious, why would you want to fix it? I hated that my oulets had no power when the truck was off. Check your fuse box to see if the relay is seated properly- that's all I can think of.
I know that one morning I am going to come out and my battery will be close to if not dead. I have a radar detector, and if a cop parks anywhere near where I am it will pick him up all night long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drabnor said:
did someobdy do the full time power outlet mod to your truck while you werent looking? lol
No, it just happened the other day. I went to get out of my truck and there was a cop in my parking lot. Got out and my V1 was going crazy still.
 

·
Keyser Soze
Joined
·
546 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
Normally, my auxillary power outlets shut off when the truck is turned off. Yesterday, I noticed that they just started staying on. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
Check the relay that gets removed when you do the full-time power outlet mod listed in the "Cheap Tricks" section. Sometimes it gets gummed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
I know that one morning I am going to come out and my battery will be close to if not dead. I have a radar detector, and if a cop parks anywhere near where I am it will pick him up all night long.
a radar detector would probably last for 6 months before killing a car battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
I know that one morning I am going to come out and my battery will be close to if not dead. I have a radar detector, and if a cop parks anywhere near where I am it will pick him up all night long.
Take the batteries out of the radar detector :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
My Outlet

I have one installed right inside my toolbox (I like it so I can hook up a spotlight, air up a mattress in the bed, or a raft, whatever).

The socket is powered 24/7 because it is in one of the empty fuse slots on the inside of the cab. I have a 20 amp switch right next to it. So, I flick it on to power it, and then turn it off when I'm done.
:xcrazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
May I ask which one of the slots in your FUSE BOX in the cab you used...I have a 02 Taco and when I looked to see if there were blank slots I could use....all the empty slots were just plastic no metal showing to make a fuse work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Not Sure

cmw680 said:
May I ask which one of the slots in your FUSE BOX in the cab you used...I have a 02 Taco and when I looked to see if there were blank slots I could use....all the empty slots were just plastic no metal showing to make a fuse work.
Right now, I'm not quite sure which one I used off of the top of my head. I have a Craftsman live wire tester (just hook it up to the door pin, then put the probe in each little slot). If I remember correctly, there are three or four empty slots, half of them powered 24/7, the rest only powered when the key is set to "Acc."
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top