TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a writeup for an aux tank? I know that there are plenty of you out there that have them... even pictures would be nice. I am really trying to extend the range of this thing, and have quite a few ideas as to tanks and whatnot but so far I like bajataco's the best. Anyone know what kind of tank he used?
-Scott

·
Registered
49 Posts
A bud of mine is going to install one in the next week or two. It is similarly sized to the one pictured in the link above. When he does the install I'll make sure he takes a lot of pictures.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It would be nice to know how the fuel lines, extra pump, switches, sender are plumbed too. Pictures are nice, but sometimes useless compared to good solid narrative.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i am using a stock 20 gallon jeep cherokee tank..it will fit nicely between the frame rails where my spare tire used to be

my tank is a bit newer so it has more vents and stuff, so there will be more capping off of lines for me
but basically it breaks down like this for me

fill tube
vent tube
external pump wired to a switch
return line
gas line

its pretty simple, just some fabbing to hang the tank securely and making a skid plate for it.....

if you want to get super cool...you can use the stock pump and sender and hook a gauge to the sender and have a fuel gauge as well:) ..just wire a switch to the pump..but an external pump would be a bit easier

rob had a part number for a good external pump, i just dont know where i did with the part number

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. How much did the cherokee tank set you back? I know rob bought a solid state pump to replace the one he ran when dry and burned up. Hey may jump in here and let us know. You know the dimensions of the tank and capacity? I am thinking of putting it in the exact same spot as the spare tire used to go. fabbing something up shouldnt be too hard of a task. I just dont want something that is so damn big that it weighs down the back a ton when full.
-Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts