TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to increase the size of my avatar without increasing the file size?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E-mail sent- Thanx

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ive taken a picture of my truck to make an avatar - and as you can currently see, its rather small. Ive used photoshop (although im not an expert) and saved as a jpg with the lowest quality settings. Should i be using a different file type or method?

Thanks...

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I take a picture in the biggest format my camera is capable of. Then resize it as allowed. I think its 80x80 for nonmembers and 120x for supporters. The bigger the picture in the beginning the better IMO.

And if you crop it that helps too. IE if you have a picture of your truck with a scenic background and you resize the whole picture you'll have a scenic avatar with a dot (your truck) in it. crop it so you get just your truck and resize that portion.

Here's the original of my avatar...

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Jeebs01 said:
Ive taken a picture of my truck to make an avatar - and as you can currently see, its rather small. Ive used photoshop (although im not an expert) and saved as a jpg with the lowest quality settings. Should i be using a different file type or method?

Thanks...
Your avatar can be bigger. Your allowed 80x80 and your pic is 63x47. Either resize it a little bigger or you can send me the original and I'll size it down to the largest possible.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think my problem was with the file I used was that it was to large. That is how I got the odd size. The file size limit is 19.5kb.

I used a jpg as Cope did, however I see that ShowStop used a png file. I suppose I could try a png and/or using a less complex program to edit the file incase Photoshop adds any information to the file.

I also didn't realize that there were different size limits for contributing members/non contributing members.

I think I will try a bit before I give up :). Thanks for the offers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Jeebs01
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing