TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a 3.4 to 3.4 swap, 3rd gen 4runner. Old motor has a thrown rod. Didn't piece the block tho.

What's the average hourly time this usually takes? Anyone got a write-up on it... Tips and tricks?

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
this is subjective to way too many variables to give an average time. Skills, tools, shop space, quality and condition of donor parts, help, etc etc are all things to be considered. That said... my buddy and I can swap most motors in a day if its the same motor and we plan ahead.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is subjective to way too many variables to give an average time. Skills, tools, shop space, quality and condition of donor parts, help, etc etc are all things to be considered. That said... my buddy and I can swap most motors in a day if its the same motor and we plan ahead.
Probably should have been more informative.

Garage sway. No lift. Have a cherry picker.

I've got somewhere in the 10-12k of Matco and C&P Tools.

Worked on cars for years including high end Evo's, GTRs, STi's, Ect.

I was thinking like 12 hours of actual labor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds about right as long as the donor parts are in good shape and nothing rusts and seizes while swapping parts. For me, i have to multiply the hours x 5 because of rust... LOL....

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well I'm 2 hours in. All coolant out, trans fluid, radiator, fan. Most of the vacuum lines, electrical... Tomorrow is exhaust manifold bolts, tranny bolts, and egr stuff/ac stuff. Then its coming out :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts