TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting an awful grinding noise from my driver side wheel and at first I thought I had completly used up my brake pads but after taking the tire off my pads are still half way. Now I'm confused as to where the grinding is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a '96 4WD Automatic 4runner. Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
ivanr said:
I started getting an awful grinding noise from my driver side wheel and at first I thought I had completly used up my brake pads but after taking the tire off my pads are still half way. Now I'm confused as to where the grinding is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a '96 4WD Automatic 4runner. Thanks
check for rocks between the dust shield and the rotor...common problem ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check the dust shield like someone else said. Sometimes little rocks can make it in their. Id also check to make sure it's not bent and making contact with the rotor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My bet is wheel/hub bearing. Sounds just like the crap I used to have on my 2000 Blazer. You pull the wheel off and spin the hub with your hands you'll feel it if it is. Not a hard fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts