TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did ALOT of work to my 84/86 4 runner and now its part 83 pick up too. Got it running yesterday, backed it out of the shop and pulled it back in to get choped up. got it sitting on the axle today, got the crossmember on and got the steering installed. had it turning lock to lock before we left for the night. its been a long weekend but was definitly worth it. all that is left is the rear suspension, bleed the brakes and some other loose ends need to be fixed. time to take it to moab.... disregaurd the random grabber green spray paint, in our shop, spray paint magically appears overnight :rolleyes: time to take it out and mess around a bit... heres some pics on my photobucket. i would have pressure washed the axle if i didnt spend all the money i had left to buy a holesaw to drill the frame :D

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/cavemonkey/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the brakes bleed today, it drives alright. still got some engine issues but thats to be expected. gonna get my allpro springs under the rear tomorrow after class and see how it does. still gotta figure out the driveshaft yet, the pinion angle isnt the worst but it could use some help. gonna mate the ifs driveshaft and the solid axle driveshaft i have. supposed to have more slip with the combo and can take a higher angle.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, maybe 20 hours total this weekend to do everything. i got the rear suspension apart today but the front hangers on the leafs is being cranky. i was beating on the bolt with a 5lb sledge and it wouldnt budge. i guess its rusted to the bushing sleeve. gonna resolve the issue tomorrow and move the rear hangers so my allpros will fit... almost time to go wheeling...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts