TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the lift, tires, wheels etc all got completed on the truck. Now when I drive it and give it some wood, I get some pretty monstrous axle wrap.

The lift consisted of front 3" spacer, coil and rancho rs5000 shocks, along with new control arm mounts. The rear was a 4 inch block, extended U bolts and an add-a-leaf with larger carriers and Rancho RS5000 shocks as well.

Now I know some traction bars will solve this issue, but will also cut down on some clearance. Is there anything else I can do to cut down on this tire hop?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You lifted the front 3", and the rear 4" + whatever the AAL was?

Blocks will amplify any axle wrap, consider a combination of a shackle and an AAL to lift the rear, and bring your axle wrap down a bit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, surprisingly enough it rides level.

So you're saying add another leaf and longer shackle after taking the block out?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Your rear springs must be pooched...

Select a different aal, and a longer shackle. But if your truck rides level with a big block, and an aal, I'd suspect this would be a temporary solution.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Chronic failure due to BLOCK. For that much lift, rebuild pack as necessary.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
I had a 3.5" block in the rear and it gave intense axle wrap. Blocks that big will make it awful. Last night I swapped them out with a 1.5" AAL and a 2" shackle, and its much better. I'd take those blocks out ASAP, and find the right AAL/Shackle/new leaf pack combo, whatever gets you to the lift you had with the blocks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help, next paycheck will be ordering a 2.5" FULL superlift leaf pack and 2 sets of 1" shackles to boot.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
http://128.83.80.200/taco/moab6.html the extreme version ;)

another option besides new leafpks is to have your OE pks rebuilt with a 4th leaf of the same spring material added and re-arched to your specs up to 3". This can usually be done for under $300. you can then add longer shackles for more lift.

and yes, those blocks are your problem, LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
atwinda said:
Wow.. Pictures really are worth a 1000 words!
well, you know those CO guys.... :p

Moab from a few years back.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hytenor said:
and yes, those blocks are your problem, LOL
haha, yeah I've come to that conclusion. It was a cheap and easy way to lift the rear of that thing, definitely not permanent given the drawbacks.

Nice pics by the way

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
RedOh3 said:
haha, yeah I've come to that conclusion. It was a cheap and easy way to lift the rear of that thing, definitely not permanent given the drawbacks.

Nice pics by the way
blocks are fine as long as you don't use the excellerator much ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts