TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 97 ex cab 3.4 35in tires and i am getting alot of axle wrap my rear springs are th stock ones as far as i know with a 3inch block and a add aleaf i was wondering if i need to get ladder bars or if i buy new 3inch springs and get rid of the block if that would take care of most of the wrap?
thanks dave

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Is this one of those joke posts meant to bait people it should be in off topic.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
get rid of the blocks... the add a leaf isnt helping either... add a leafs usually help with axle wrap, however they do stiffen up the suspension, and if there is enough torque present will add to torque wrapping the axles

·
Registered
76 Posts
budbuilt track bar will cure all:)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
ok i have a 97 ex cab 3.4 35in tires and i am getting alot of axle wrap my rear springs are th stock ones as far as i know with a 3inch block and a add aleaf i was wondering if i need to get ladder bars or if i buy new 3inch springs and get rid of the block if that would take care of most of the wrap?
thanks dave
Lose the blocks and stock springs and buy some lift springs. Adding a "ladder bar" is only putting a band-aid on a larger problem.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
so buy buying new springs and gettin rid of the block it will eliminate the axle wrap or do i need to do both springs and ladder bar and also if i do need ladder bars does anyone know of a write up on building your own ps im not trying to spend a fortune b/c money is pretty tight right now but what would be a moderate priced set of springs the will help my sit. Procomp?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have blocks(i know alot of you guys dont like em but they work for me) O.E. springs a budbuilt track bar and no wrap.

www.budbuilt.com

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
just note here- the condition of your rear shocks will make a difference with axle wrap.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Tbob what kind of problems did you have? Im thinking of getting the budbuilt bar but have seen others have some probs with the support bar(also for carrier bearing) where the front of the traction bar mounts not able to handle the added stress and cracking or tearing. I know the dick and hytenor have beefed theirs up some because of this. I dont know if I want to just live with the axle wrap or beef up the front mount any thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i agree but for the type of wheelin, i do it hasnt been a problem,it's an every day driver and just normal driving you notice wrap but the bb takes care of that.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
What kind of problems did you have? Im thinking of getting the budbuilt bar but have seen others have some probs with the support bar(also for carrier bearing) where the front of the traction bar mounts not able to handle the added stress and cracking or tearing. I know the dick and hytenor have beefed theirs up some because of this. I dont know if I want to just live with the axle wrap or beef up the front mount any thoughts?
T wheels the piss out of his truck, LOL, so expect things to break :p

the center xmember is not even close to being beefy enough for these track bars but it was very easy to fix. Even on a DD that doesn't get wheeled much that xmember will bend and eventually crack.
the rear mount to the axle also has to be extremely solid or will rip right off the housing (or worse, rip the housing appart)...as both T-Bob and Dick experienced.

Another remedy for axle wrap is to go to a HD type of leafspring like NWOR's or OME's with the flatter overloads. I didn't get any wrap with my springs (nwor) until they loosened up...4yrs, a lot of heavy loads and some hard wheeling later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.