TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a trailer out of another truck bed, axle and frame. Got a non-notarized bill of sale and receipts. Just wondering if anyone here has done this before I call the DMV and wait on the phone for an Hr. :confused:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You'll need alot of valid receipts equaling at least 1/2 the claimed value of the trailer, an inspection, and then they'll afix an AZ vin tag and you can get permanent plates. You can do it at any DMV station with an inspection bay fwiw.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, know how should I legally get my junk there? The three day online deal wants a vin for a permit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
there should be an option on the 3 day for a non vin vehicle, and when I did mine, they sent me to the inspection place, and they checked for vin #'s, and told me if anything came up stolen they were keeping it, I sat there for a couple hours while they did there thing, and they put a vin on it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i bought a destroyed trailer, painted it, new wood and tires and took it to the dmv and told them i built it, they said no problem, no receipts, and gave me a vin and bam.... i had the receipt for the new lights and thats it. TOO EASY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts