TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
watching the vid right as your going over i'm yelling at the screen to hit reverse. But i know that split second you have to react your just hangin on for dear life. shit happens to all of us sooner or later with the kind of wheeling we do. Glad you were ok. Get it fixed and come on back.
Looks like there was no time for reverse which is why I went with an auto.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
watching the vid right as your going over i'm yelling at the screen to hit reverse. But i know that split second you have to react your just hangin on for dear life. shit happens to all of us sooner or later with the kind of wheeling we do. Glad you were ok. Get it fixed and come on back.
Usually reverse in a manual with a doubler is like 200:1 give or take and is often too low pull it down fast enough..... there are times when takama low can work against you.

I agree with your statement here and I think Pepe was at this point

·
Registered
29 Posts
That was and *IS* an awesome truck. However, if you look closely, you'll see that the driver's side rear leaf spring and shackle engages the rock as he backs off. I don't think he could have reversed out of that. It looks like it was a done deal as soon as the front lifted. I think I hear a 4-link calling. ;)

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
He did kinda grab reverse right as the front lifted...... that sent it over even faster since it was standing on the rear springs at that point. I'm positive if he hadn't stopped when the front tire lifted at the top and just kept coming forward he would have been fine, but it all happened so fast there was no time for him to react or for me or serg to tell him otherwise. I was thinking to myself that we should strap the front to pull the nose down, but by the time I could process that thought it was going over........ wouldn't have mattered much as my strap was in the bed of my truck and not even the flash could have grabbed it in time to do any good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That was and *IS* an awesome truck. However, if you look closely, you'll see that the driver's side rear leaf spring and shackle engages the rock as he backs off. I don't think he could have reversed out of that. It looks like it was a done deal as soon as the front lifted. I think I hear a 4-link calling. ;)
X2 on the no backing off. I don't think you can with links either because as soon as you use the brakes it is over. When you are that high up you are pretty much committed. Being able to steer would have helped a lot to get on and stay on the line. For anyone who has not been on CD that obsticle is a whole lot worse looking in person than it looks in pictures.
That is the third rollover I have seen on the right line and they all hit a ton.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Damn, Pepe got a shit ton more body damage than I did. However, he did land alot harder than I did. Been bending sheetmetal off-n-on for a few days now. She's comin' along.
I wish I would've seen your rig . I didn't know you had gone over till I got back home . . . Glad to hear you're getting her fixed up . I haven't had a chance to start on mine . I'm hoping to start on it tomorrow .

·
Registered
707 Posts

Thanks alot man , will do :cool:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thank you :cool: . . . . . You know , I think I'm hearing that call as well :cool:

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
X2 on the no backing off. I don't think you can with links either because as soon as you use the brakes it is over. When you are that high up you are pretty much committed. Being able to steer would have helped a lot to get on and stay on the line. For anyone who has not been on CD that obsticle is a whole lot worse looking in person than it looks in pictures.
That is the third rollover I have seen on the right line and they all hit a ton.
X2! I shit myself the first time I actually pulled up to it the first time. I actually thought it was a different fall from all the pics I had seen. I't a mother that's fir sure!

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
All 4 tires were off the ground due to the spare tire stinger digging in and providing a nice pole vault effect. When he rolled back a little to reposition, the weight shifted enough to lift both fronts and sit on the stinger. No tire contact at that point, momentum and gravity quickly took over.

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
X2! I shit myself the first time I actually pulled up to it the first time. I actually thought it was a different fall from all the pics I had seen. I't a mother that's fir sure!
I think I would have been a lot more nervous about that fall if I was going up after Pep's...... I had the luxury of following 2 very experienced drivers up (Jay and Dave) and had Serg telling me what was up top....... I can say, looking driver down that bad boy when I crested the top made me clinch some seat for sure! :lmao:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think I would have been a lot more nervous about that fall if I was going up after Pep's...... I had the luxury of following 2 very experienced drivers up (Jay and Dave) and had Serg telling me what was up top....... I can say, looking driver down that bad boy when I crested the top made me clinch some seat for sure! :lmao:
WTF... I went up before you also... :D

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
WTF... I went up before you also... :D
You were too far ahead......... besides, didn't you say something about mashing your extra cab???.......... I told Jay, "I figure if Nate can make it on 35's and not break anything, I should be OK!" :lmao:

Good Job BTW....... your junk did well all weekend! :cool:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sucks Pepe rolled and think you guys all drove up what we consider the bypass. With your guys bluebirds you should easily be able to do the actual fall. I did the fall full body with no issues, does make you pucker for a few seconds while you work the wheel to get the right spot. And links would definitely help when you have to grab reverse fast, seen lots of saves that only happen with links cause leafs dig in. On the other hand my rear leafs have saved me a few times from going over backwards.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
And don't forget, small, light 4 cylinder engine and no winch up front to help keep the front end down. Bla, bla bla........ It was a shit happens moment in our sport we all try to get close to yet still avoid and most of us have managed to avoid, tho for some its a lot easier to avoid than others cos its tough to roll in the garage.

For Pepe. Now is a good time for mods u wish u did on he original build but didn't want to start over. Keep us posted on the rebuild Pepe.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
61 - 80 of 95 Posts