TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real sure that this has been discussed, but while looking over the planned trails for the event I couldn't help but notice that the Coke Ovens was listed for an easy trail. It has been discussed on many other boards that the Coke Ovens is currently closed to access at the request of the owner. While no signs or gates have been posted at this time it might be best if a new trail is chosen for an easy run, and we do our part to ensure that all participants are made aware of the closure.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Hey Brandon!

We actually discussed this at the last land meeting and if I remember correctly, the trail is open, but the road to get to the Coke Ovens (by the cabin) has been closed, as you stated, at the request of the owner - based upon that, we decided to leave the trail listed as one for AzRocks, but knowing that the group would not actually be able to drive up to the actual Coke Ovens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Not trying to be a buzz killer but just wanted to make sure we were being resposible and doing our part to honor the closure.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
BMAN said:
Cool. Not trying to be a buzz killer but just wanted to make sure we were being resposible and doing our part to honor the closure.
No problem Brandon - didn't think you were being a buzz killer at all!! Like you said, we need to be sure we are responsible and honor the closure.

If anybody knows something different, please respond.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
BMAN said:

Yeah, I'll be taking a group out on Friday. We'll be wheeling on the east trail across from the cabin and coke ovens. I will not take the group on the private property portion.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Yeah, I'll be taking a group out on Friday. We'll be wheeling on the east trail across from the cabin and coke ovens. I will not take the group on the private property portion.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but I noticed Highway to Hell and Bad Medicine weren't listed. Any particular reason?

Sean

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey u guys know there is a real cool loop out there if you head left at the top of the hill (above the ovens) where you would normally turn right.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Sean K. said:
Probably the wrong place to ask, but I noticed Highway to Hell and Bad Medicine weren't listed. Any particular reason?

Sean

Those are not listed as those are considered optional hard core runs. Only a few will risk the body and drive train damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts