TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
***Repeat of my post on the NB***

We had a great time out there. It was great finally getting to meet many of the people I've talked to on the boards for years... It was my shake down run, so I took it pretty easy. Friday we didn't get to camp until almost 10AM (Stupid state trust land permit office was only open till 4:30 the day before so we had to get our permit that morning) So we tagged along with the run to Coke Ovens.

we got just enough rain a few weeks ago to get alot of the desert flowers to start to bloom. It was actually pretty spetacular

Everyone had a great time...

Until I got attacked by a cactus...:eek:

We also had a couple FZJ80's and an FJ40

Then all the sudden we had a bit of excitement!
Here's something you don't see every day. One person in our group was wheeling with us in a T-100 with a camper in the back. All was good with the world, until he fell into a wash, jarring loose the turnbuckles that were holding the camper in place... It was quite a site to see when the camper came sliding out of the bed...

We got the camper pushed back into the bed, and tied it down with some ratchet straps to keep it in place. Wheeled the rest of the day like that.

The next day we did a trail called HackBerry (I don't know if I spelled that right) I was having a bit of a hard time getting through a section, so I decided to get out and take a look at the line... While walking around my truck, I see this under my passenger side tire...

I am not comfortable using or storing handguns, not to mention my valueable (Yet very curious) cargo, so it was handed over to Rex, a former LEO who returned it to the local law enforcement.

Mark was also on a shake down run, I'm very jealous of that front axle you have there my friend... Better keep that bad boy under lock and key.

On our way out of the trail we located a spectator, and he was kind enough to let us take his picture.

When we got back to camp, We played in the dirt a bit.

Then went to town, got some awesome Burritos, and had a bit of Ice Cream. Then headed home to take a nice hot shower and get some needed rest. Sorry for not staying for the raffle, I had to get the kids home and in bed with full bellies in order to have them not be terrors today.

Thanks again to all of the guys (and Girls) who put all of the effort into this weekend, it was great! I can't wait until next year. Hopefully my junk will be 3 linked by then.

Steve

BTW if you guys want to see any of the rest of the pics I took, Check out my website.

http://deserttaco.com/gallery/main.php

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some AZ rocks 07' pics
Good to finally meet you Jeff and do some wheelin. Had a blast everyone at AZROCKS this year. I hope to come down again from San Diego and do some more wheelin. Eric, good to see ya man. Lets plan that Devil's Caynon trip soon. Maybe do the Hammers while your out here and hope we can drag out Josh by then.

Tim, Mike, and everyone else, I had a blast with you guys and was tons of fun and wheel c u next AZROCKS. Will post up pics soon.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eric, The pics Nate took are 11MP, so I need to resize like 250 of them... Might be a while...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh no, its Mike, from axle alley in the black truck. just a few, not all of them. No big deal if its going to take too much time. I know how it is. Hey, my wife got some nice shots of you rig as well, do you want them?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I know Mike, I was referring to Eric's post, but I also have some of your truck as well. I'd like to see those pics BTW!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts