1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TTORA SO-CAL

presents

Azusa Canyon

The Azusa Canyon OHV Area is 160 acres of rocks, sand and river bottom terrain. There is a small play area just inside the entry gate with concrete pipes and rock obstacles to test your skill and suspension. A short river crossing gets you access to the large play area. The featured attraction is the mud. Here, rigs sporting 40s and bigger toss around the mucky stuff and many will get stuck throughout the day. You can also enjoy sandy climbs, technical obstacles and other river crossings.

Requirements: This run is open to all 4x4 vehicles. You MUST be 4wd to enter. The Rangers will check if they suspect you aren't. You MUST have a recovery strap, or winch, with an appropriate amount of d-shackles. No armor is required but you must have front and rear recovery points; stock is ok.

Fees: There is an $8 entrance fee for all vehicles and an additional $5 for tow vehicles.

Meet Point: CVS Pharmacy- 101 W. Foothill Blvd., Azusa, CA 91702

Meet Time: 9:00am

Helpful Links:

Trail Etiquette

Trail Preparedness List

We don't anticipate a full day's worth of activity. We can make it as long or as short as we desire.

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an fyi, the meet point/time is optional. You can show up to the OHV anytime and just look around for us. However, there's a catch! For all those who decide to show up at the posted place/time, TTORA SoCal will pay your entry fee! We'll be there through lunch time to grill hotdogs for everyone! The Chapter Store will be there, too, with t-shirts, sweaters, beanies, hats and stickers! So, don't forget your cash!

Please take note: The Fork Fire has done considerable damage to the area surrounding the Azusa OHV. I have been in contact with the LA County Forest Rangers and they assured me that access to the facility will be restored before the end of the month. If by some chance this does not happen, an alternate destination will be posted. Please keep yourself informed by referring back to this event posting.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never been. Sounds fun. I’ll probably stay out of the mud. I hate that stuff. I’m in though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I’m out. Rig is down due to large leak at the knuckle. Don’t have the spare time to rebuild before the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I apologize for the extremely late post. Due to weather and, up until recently, a lack of participation, the run has been cancelled. My rig has been on jack stands the past 2 days with no intent on completing the work due to the lack of interest in this run. Again, my apologies. I will be posting the Anza Borrego run this weekend. Please be aware that a date adjustment has been made for that event. It is no longer on the 10th/11th and has been moved to the 3rd/4th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts