TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a L O N G time since I've posted in here.... but just recently, I've had a lot more reason to read/post on the tacoma forums again.

We've owned a Dodge Ram 1500 for the last 3 years and we purchased it primarily to tow the jeep to different places. As a daily driver - it's just not practical and sooo big and gas guzzling. Steve and I are exploring different hobbies and don't have a real need to tow anymore - The jeep was always street legal. So..... last week... I got myself one of these:

It's like a rebirth...and I'm a flurry of excitement looking for things to modify.
This is a 2007 4.0L V6 Access cab TRD Sport Automatic

This truck won't see any dirt and won't get lifted. Seat covers and floor mats are already on-order. Definately a tonneau cover, hood struts, and ipod connectivity. Perhaps a few other mods... but this thing is staying street worthy and prestine for a long time. I'm sooooo very glad to be back into something smaller. The Ram is just sooo big and just not easy to move around in tight places/parking spaces/etc. It only has 300 miles on it....

Glad to be back in a Toyota! I just hope the Toyota reliability & quality is just as good as it always has.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Cool someone else with a new one on here. I have an 06 Doublecab and love it...well minus the payments. You'll be glad to know if it you do decide to wheel it, that it's pretty capable. Just get different tires because those Dunlops are horrible. Excellent choice on color too.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool someone else with a new one on here. I have an 06 Doublecab and love it...well minus the payments. You'll be glad to know if it you do decide to wheel it, that it's pretty capable. Just get different tires because those Dunlops are horrible. Excellent choice on color too.
Thanks!

I sold a 96 tacoma to buy the Dodge. The tacoma was what got me hooked on offroading in the first place. Wheeled the snot outta that 96 for 3 years back in 99-01. Another reason why I don't want to wheel this one..cuz I know what mud/dirty can do .... but perahps in several years I'll have to urge to get it a little dirty. ;)

·
Registered
793 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts