TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Back To The Future the other night.... great movie and I always watch it at least once a year.

I started wondering... if I had the chance to go back in time and visit some random historical places or whatever... or see my town before it was developed... would I do that?.. or would I rather go ahead and see the future.

What would you do.. if you were held to the stipulation that you could gain nothing profitwise from your experience, and could never tell anyone about it or use the knowledge that you gained for anything... you could merely see the past or future just for the enjoyment of seeing it? Go back to the past... or forward to the future?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I was watching Back To The Future the other night.... great movie and I always watch it at least once a year.

I started wondering... if I had the chance to go back in time and visit some random historical places or whatever... or see my town before it was developed... would I do that?.. or would I rather go ahead and see the future.

What would you do.. if you were held to the stipulation that you could gain nothing profitwise from your experience, and could never tell anyone about it or use the knowledge that you gained for anything... you could merely see the past or future just for the enjoyment of seeing it? Go back to the past... or forward to the future?
I've seen the future... it ain't pretty! I'd go back... especially if I could bring my vehicle!

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Id go back, dont wanna know the future.

For wheeling of course.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
i think i'd go back....if i had to go back permanetly id go back to about '93 or '94 and start over......good times

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd go back to when God created Adam and Eve and have a little talk with God and Adam.

I didn't want to turn this into a religious debate, so just think of Adam and Eve as the time that your choice of religion associates with the beginning of man.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What the hell... look down at the bottom of this thread. How the heck did it get the tag "1.21 jigawatts"? I never realized that this site had some sort of cross-reference thing going on in the background to pick up and tag threads based on things related to words in it... such as Back to the Future... in this case.

There are soo many things in the past that I would love to be able to see. I would love to be able to go back and see the town where I grew up... the lot where my house is, the places where I dirtbike or run(indian conservation land), the place where I work, my old schools... like 50, 100, 300 years ago and more. It would be awesome to also be able to witness crazy events firsthand such as the Yellowstone Volcano eruption, etc... the creation of the Grand Canyon... the erection of the pyramids and Stonehenge... and even some modern things such as huge bridges and stuff that we drive over every day, or buildings that we work in... while they were being built. Who wouldn't want to see some live Dinosaurs, and see how the earth was really laid out(in terms of land masses, etc) back hundreds of thousands of years ago too?

It'd also be cool to be able to see some of the elite athletes of the past playing live... and then go even farther back and see athletes of the Coliseum. It would be super interesting to see what people really looked like in person thousands of years ago. I wonder if I would even think a hot chick from back then was attractive based on modern standards. I'd also love to see my very distant relatives and know how they lived, and what things were really like back then for them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Once a year??? Shit if I don't catch Back to the Future 1 and 2 on cable at least once a month I'm not happy. haha. One of the greatest movies of all time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd go back and fart on hitlers pillows. Pee in stalins coffee. Tell Einstein that e=mc^2 before he published his work. Punch Judas in the mouth just before he sold out Jesus. That's it for now.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Definitely into the past. It would be cool if you could see like a time lapse of the last 2,3,4 hundred years of different places of interest. Like it was said your hometown. or New York city, or Tokyo. or landmarks, like the eroding and eruptions of mountains and volcano's and shorelands. I don't hold out much hope for the future that's for sure. I wouldn't want to see that. I think i would be so depressed after seeing what else terrible is going to happen to us that i have to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'd go back and fart on hitlers pillows. Pee in stalins coffee. Tell Einstein that e=mc^2 before he published his work. Punch Judas in the mouth just before he sold out Jesus. That's it for now.
Are you sure you wouldn't go smoke a pole and come back, knowing that no one would find out? :lmao:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts