TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the back seats of the new FJs? Between the wife and I we need to get something that is more comfortable for 3-4 people to travel in. Most trips with 2+ people would be in the 2-3 hour range at the most, but there would be some longer ones, like to Utah, SW Colorado, etc. I sat in the back of one at the dealer with the drivers seat adjusted for me (6'1" 180 lbs) and for the few minutes I was in the back seat I didn't think it was too bad, but it was also a short amount of time to base this sort of decision on. Any input is appreciated.

Not that I would ever ride in the back so I am not that worried about it, but it would be nice if I didn't have to listen to friends bitch about being cramped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tell them to stop being b*tches if they do haha.

Anyways I'm 5'8", 162 lbs, and it doesn't bother me too bad. Your height it might get annoying after a little wihle. Probably depends on the age of the occupant. Younger people could probably contort their bodies without as much cramping.

My wife gets car sick back there on the trails. Spring rate is pretty high on mine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pick up people for commuting(so I can use the car pool lanes)and have had people as tall as 6" 2". The head room isn't the problem its the leg room. My daughter doen't like riding in the back because of the small windows, she says if feels like your in a small airplane. And she too gets car sick. If I where you I'd look at the New 4runner Trail edition.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My dad has one and we all ride in it. I'm 5' 11" and the back's pretty comfortable. My brother is same height and it's fine for hime also

The small windows are the only kinda problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much what I was expecting to hear, thanks for the replies. I will always be younger people in back, most of the time my wife will volunteer to ride back there, and she is only 5'. So I think for the amount of time anyone would be back there, that I don't need to worry about it. Atleast not enough to look seriously at any other options, like a Tundra, of 4-Door Jeep. While the 4-Runners are nice, and larger, I am just not a big fan of them. Not sure why, they just don't float my boat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
X2 on the trail edition 4runner. I just got a 2010 ex-cab (way small back seat) and we traded in our 2003 4runner for a 2010 trail teams FJ and we have taken a couple of trips so far and I can tell you we MISS the room of the 4runner. You should test drive the 2010 4runner trail edition and see if it suits your needs. Good thing about the new 4runner is it shares alot of parts with the 2010 FJ so you will be able to get a good amount of aftermarket parts. We are going to be buying the 4runner trail edition with in the next two years so we can make the fj our play toy:) Good luck with your buy:cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont know thew pirce difference between them. but i can imagine the 4runner has a higher price tag. I would sacricife the leg room to save a couple bucks, an the leg room isnt bad like most others have said

·
Registered
124 Posts
Its tighter than a double cab both in leg room and width. I get complaints from the lack of leg room in the doublecab. The 4runner has more legroom than the doublecab and way more than the FJ. My daughter in her car seat has her legs against the back of the passenger seat. If I put her behind me (6' 1" tall) I can't put my seat back to my normal driving position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back seat room is not all that great. It's fairly decent for short drives, but anything that requires an uninterrupted full tank of gas would be torture for anyone back there other than small children. Especially if you're pretty tall. It works fine for me, but it's just me and I'm 5'11". I'd look into the 4Runner as well for the space and higher output. But the lack of a MT is a big turn-off for me. Not a deal-breaker, but it just doesn't feel natural for me to drive an autotragic anymore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rear windows are really small and make it feel uncomfortable after awhile. Leg room isn't TOO bad though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts