TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for a friend with a 00 taco, wants to know if 33x12.50 fit on 15x8 with 3.75 b/s with stock UCA or would 3.25 b/s be needed?

yes he has it lifted to fit the tires, he got truck used and had 34x10.50 ltb on it which are bald, says he wants wider tire for beach use and to upgrade rims.

·
Registered
717 Posts
should fit fine. 3.75 backspacing is less than stock, meaning the tire will be pushed out away from the UCA.

·
Registered
717 Posts
dont forget that even with the new rims, he may have a little rubbing going on when he turnes the wheel. so minor cutting may have to be done.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I was running 33x12.5's on 15x8's with 3.75" BS just fine with my Donahoes. He'll need to do the pinch weld mod if he hasnt already. What suspension setup does he have?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was running 33x12.5's on 15x8's with 3.75" BS just fine with my Donahoes. He'll need to do the pinch weld mod if he hasnt already. What suspension setup does he have?
currently he has 2" body lift, 2.5" suspension (blocks in rear, front is what appear to be OME 881 is my guess and a trim packer on top) I told him to ditch the blocks quick fast and in a hurry. he cant decide between 63 cheavies or taco rears from deaver or the such.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I told him to ditch the blocks quick fast and in a hurry.
What's the rush? It's not the "best" way to lift the rear, but it still functions as intended. I never had any issues. Some people do mainly because they neglect them.

I hate the paranoia people get from this board... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the rush? It's not the "best" way to lift the rear, but it still functions as intended. I never had any issues. Some people do mainly because they neglect them.

I hate the paranoia people get from this board... :rolleyes:
he purchased the truck used with the lift already on it. his dads truck (tundra) had blocks on the rear and busted one out pulling out a stuck f150. so if they work for you, go with it man. but we don't like em

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
he purchased the truck used with the lift already on it. his dads truck (tundra) had blocks on the rear and busted one out pulling out a stuck f150. so if they work for you, go with it man. but we don't like em
Cool deal. Nice to know someone here has a legit reason for something, instead of reading it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts