TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got the dreaded strawberry milkshake in my runner, and found a shop that seemed to be a decent shop so i went with them. below is the short version of my story. i also have some video of the owner refusing to fix what they did wrong, if i can figure out how to post it.

I dropped my 1997 Toyota 4runner off at B&M transmission on 1/23/15. I was getting a transmission replaced due to a mechanical failure. I got my vehicle back on 1/29/15 and all seemed well. on my way home I stopped to fill up my gas tank, and noticed that my radiator hoses were both leaking. The shop was supposed to do a coolant flush, so I assumed they just left the clamps a little loose, and I fixed that myself when I got home. I then discovered that my coolant recovery tank was full of sludge, the sludge that they had allegedly flushed out of the system. I removed the tank, bought a new uncontaminated one, and re installed it myself.

on 1/31/15 I got stuck in a snow storm traveling back from Denver and discovered that my 4 wheel drive was not working. This made for a very bad drive in this snow storm as the vehicle was not the easiest to drive without 4wd. I called B&M transmission at 9am on 2/2/15 to let them know I had an issue and needed to bring the vehicle back in for service. I was told someone would call me back asap. no apologies from the lady on the phone, It seemed as if she couldn't care less that they had made a mistake on my vehicle.

At of 1pm that same day (2/2/15) I called back as I had yet to hear back from anyone at B&M transmission. I once again got the rude secretary, who finally took it upon herself to go get one of the owners to talk to me. I got to speak with with ben. With still not even so much as an apology for the inconvenience, ben told me to just bring it back and they will "take a look" to see if they did anything wrong.

I had to leave work early to get my vehicle back to B&M before 5pm, because it seemed like it was too much to ask of them to stay a little late to satisfy an upset customer. When I arrived to drop off the truck I got the absolute pleasure of dealing with Mike, one of the most, if not the most unprofessional "business owners" I have ever dealt with. Mike is simply rude, ignorant, arrogant and has no customer service skills whatsoever. Mike flat out refused at first to even so much as look at my vehicle, because he felt that I wouldn't "just shut up" and let him talk, and he felt I was irate.

Then comes the best part, Mike dialed 911 and had the police come because he said I was being "irate". The police arrived and nothing was done, as I was not in the wrong at all. I never swore, threatened or made any physical threats towards anyone to justify them calling the police on me.

this shop and its owners are a joke, steer clear at all costs!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
WOW...he called the cops LOL, I know I haven't met you yet but you must be one scary lookin dude for him to do that if you weren't doing anything threatening LOL....some people should no work in public places.

Have you heard of ToyTech? Its a mom & pop shop, all they work on is Yotas.

Sorry about your sh!tty experience, I've had plenty.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Have your lawyer call them. I'd bet they will take you more serious. I hate places like this, gives me a desire to shoot out front windows. Lol

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW...he called the cops LOL, I know I haven't met you yet but you must be one scary lookin dude for him to do that if you weren't doing anything threatening LOL....some people should no work in public places.

Have you heard of ToyTech? Its a mom & pop shop, all they work on is Yotas.

Sorry about your sh!tty experience, I've had plenty.
im a friendly fella, if you're not messing up my 4runner. :xsmokin1:

Have your lawyer call them. I'd bet they will take you more serious. I hate places like this, gives me a desire to shoot out front windows. Lol
I told him if he didn't want to fix it, I would gladly have a lawyer call him, that's when he threw my keys at me and told me to get the fuck out.

Well glad to hear your 4wd is back to working. What a crappy thing for that guy to do. We wont be going there.
I cant wait to show you the video of him telling me he isn't going to fix my truck.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't know you but I'd be curious to hear the other side of the story.

Having worked in customer service, I can say, being an asshole will get you no where. If I HAD to guess, I'd say you weren't quite as "non-threatening" as the OP suggests. I'm also not one to help someone who's threatening me with a lawyer so I would've asked you to leave at that point too.

Sounds like shitty workmanship either way so I'm not necessary defending anyone but people don't generally call the cops on someone who's calm and collected.

·
Registered
27 Posts
im a friendly fella, if you're not messing up my 4runner. :xsmokin1:
I'm with ya one that...:xdevil: a whole other side of me will come out.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know you but I'd be curious to hear the other side of the story.

Having worked in customer service, I can say, being an asshole will get you no where. If I HAD to guess, I'd say you weren't quite as "non-threatening" as the OP suggests. I'm also not one to help someone who's threatening me with a lawyer so I would've asked you to leave at that point too.

Sounds like shitty workmanship either way so I'm not necessary defending anyone but people don't generally call the cops on someone who's calm and collected.
you're right, you don't know me. I have been in retail for 18 years, and certainly know the difference between good and bad service. I also know how to sack up and take care of an issue, if I create it. this fella did not. guess all you want, but I was not threatening to the guy he was half my size, it would have proven nothing. I was far from an asshole. if you have to be threatened with a lawyer, you probably aren't doing it right anyway, so I wouldn't expect less than being asked to leave.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
drpdmazda
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing