TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
hey man! Remember at RM 100, in the dark ass desert, that guy who helped out with your rack and pinion re-install?? That was me:)

-Sean

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sean,

thanks man! was that you in the 7 truck that was gettin hot? it was funny i was mad as hell just spent the last 2hrs limpin the summit with no rack. finally got to a place were i could pull off course, and replace it. had the new one all but in and couldnt get the mounting bolt back through. i was messing with it for about 15 min, when you came up and said hey why dont you just flip the bolt around. rofl, slid right in. its crazy how dumb a person gets when there mad and exhausted. we got stuck about five times before we stopped there, and spent alot of time moving those huge rocks. how did you guys do??? i got it fixed and back on course made it to our chase truck. then busted time :( but we are gonna keep racin and building. the truck has come far, was really dialed in thanx to Engage Offroad. the only thing that broke was a five dollar gasket on the rack. and blammo all hell breaks loose. would have been no sweat if we were any were but the summit.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I was in a 3 truck. '79 Blazer #1504. Before I met you we had a rear drive line U joint go, then just lots of overheating problems while going through the rocks. at RM 260 we only had like 20 minutes to the next check point at 300 something. it wasn't gonna happen so we called it. The race truck we are running has horrible suspension and our speeds were way to slow. overall we calculated 11mph average through the first 260 miles of the course. My tacoma was chasing the whole time driven by my buddy and it kicked ass.

What was the problem with the rack? did you over extend it? does it just need turning limiters or was the down travel too much for it?? I want to solve that problem on my truck before it goes:)

I have definitely been there were i am mad as hell and cant think straight. after I told you about flipping the bolt, the look on your face was priceless! LOL.

I tried to tell baja pits and then Mag7 about you guys being broke down, but it didnt seem to work. other than weatherman, is there a channel for non emergency stuff for all racers?? I have heard people get yelled at for using weatherman when the situation is not an emergency so I didnt want to risk it. the sharpie note on my hand barely just washed off! "1549 @ RM100 @ 11:00"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries, was cool that your stopped at all. far as the rack the o ring on the driver side rack blew. i think just one of those freak things. they take alot of abuse at the summit. i am pretty trusting in toyota parts. so i just think it went is all. we were running a good speed, truck was actually super smooth. we made a 1/4 alum skid that goes all way back to the tranny so it helped a lot gettin threw all the rocks everywhere. and made a skid for the rear diff. i didnt know that was a blazer, looked pretty sick.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

they are super super bright. i ran halogens in the past. i dont think after running rigid lights i could ever go back. having leds was awesome.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Awesome. I have a six LED bar with 3 watt LEDSs. I would love a Rigid but its out of my price range. Mine has a flasher that I use to pull people over:D Illegal as hell but I don't care.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I strong arm drug dealers for a living:lmao:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I tried to tell baja pits and then Mag7 about you guys being broke down, but it didnt seem to work. other than weatherman, is there a channel for non emergency stuff for all racers?? I have heard people get yelled at for using weatherman when the situation is not an emergency so I didnt want to risk it. the sharpie note on my hand barely just washed off! "1549 @ RM100 @ 11:00"
I was with pork pits at RM 101 but it looks like we were gone by the time you guys rolled through. We pitted the stock full then took off back up to Ensenada and down the coast to our second pit at RM 568 so we could beat and fuel the #2 trophy truck.

I saw you guys in the Via Marina parking lot and was checking out the truck. I was with team Pistol and we were down a little bit from you guys.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i didnt know that was a blazer, looked pretty sick.
obviously you didnt get a good look at the blazer! I mean, for what it is, its a cool truck, but I dont think anyone would say it looks "sick":) The Blazer will be back next year and you can get a better look then. You guys have a sick ass tacoma!! I love the truck.

I definitely agree with trusting toyota parts, but im always looking to see what might fail on me. I wish I was racing a toyota, but im not the one with the fat wallet, so I just do all I can to keep the chevy moving.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha no fat wallet... Hass from engage will tell you.. i started out ordering one part at a time. then selling one part at a time. if youre patient and look around for the best place to sell your stock stuff youcan make some good money. i sold the bed off my truck for 1200 bucks.. cut from the A pillar fwd and sold that. sold my interior part by part. then landed a job working 90hr weeks, and sold all of my toys! you really dont have to be rich to build one, just want it bad enough. the only thing that really sucks, is that its a sickness... i dont think the truck will ever really be done... engage has introduced me to a new drug.... but i wont be racin score to much this season, gonna stick with some cheaper ones lol... and your blazer was looking mean. prob had it for a while so youve had those years to break stuff and build it up better. but deff do want a better look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts