TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's love the forum, I learn a lot here. I am in need of a ball joint press. I would like to but one. I looked at them online, does anyone know what model number would press out upper ball joints on a 1996 Tacoma 4wd? I am not looking for a high end press, but not one from harbor freight either. I have had bad luck with there tools. Thanks in advance Paul.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hi Guy's love the forum, I learn a lot here. I am in need of a ball joint press. I would like to but one. I looked at them online, does anyone know what model number would press out upper ball joints on a 1996 Tacoma 4wd? I am not looking for a high end press, but not one from harbor freight either. I have had bad luck with there tools. Thanks in advance Paul.
borrow one from autozone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought the OTC c-type press, for under a $100.00, and the set of tools from Total Chaos, I think I will be able to use them for many UBJ changes. I tried the gear pullers, and they did not work for me. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Those pullers didn't work for us, either, when we did Keith's upper ball joints. I did a write-up with pics on here several years ago that shows how we struggled with it without a good press. As for which press to get, I have no idea, but hopefully someone will chime in on their experience with a good one they've used for this. I'll have to do mine eventually, and I'd like to have a good press to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts