TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long travel kit on my toyota with upper uni ball and lower ball joint. I noticed that my lower ball joints are leaking a good amount of grease onto the lower arm. I have had my kit on for about a month. When I had my stock setup this didnt happen. I was wondering what is causing this? Is it bad if I offroad with my balljoints in this condition? Toyota said that new ball joints are going to run me 97.00 a piece so idk dont have the money right now. I will be out at the 250 on the 31 so I want to take my truck out there but I dont know if it will be such a good idea with my ball joints in this condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Justin

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
xxxjuhstenxxx said:
I have a long travel kit on my toyota with upper uni ball and lower ball joint. I noticed that my lower ball joints are leaking a good amount of grease onto the lower arm. I have had my kit on for about a month. When I had my stock setup this didnt happen. I was wondering what is causing this? Is it bad if I offroad with my balljoints in this condition? Toyota said that new ball joints are going to run me 97.00 a piece so idk dont have the money right now. I will be out at the 250 on the 31 so I want to take my truck out there but I dont know if it will be such a good idea with my ball joints in this condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Justin
let me get this straight.. you have LT but don't have the uniball LT LCAs?? how is that possible??

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
camburg and total chaos uses factory lower ball joints and uses uni balls for the upper arms. my cousin at that works at toyota says its ok to run the truck with a leaking ball joint but when it starts making sounds or anything like that then replace it

·
Registered
225 Posts
way to post at the same time. I was going to say it is probably ok to run it for a while, but I would replace them if you can come up with the cash.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
learn sumthin' new everyday :)

so the OE lower bjs have enough travel to accommodate LT geometry? cool.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you guys think I am safe to go offroading at Barstow the 30-31 for the race?

·
Registered
484 Posts
hytenor said:
learn sumthin' new everyday :)

so the OE lower bjs have enough travel to accommodate LT geometry? cool.
Yep. It's weird they designed the balljoints slightly different. The Camburg kit is the only bolt-on kit that has the option of coverting to a uniball lower ball joint AFAIK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, I had been running leaking/dry balljoints on my ranger for a few months just because I didn't have the money yet. It eventually led to my alignment getting worse, but you should be fine offroad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts